Silkie chick with curled wing feathers?

Renn

Chirping
May 25, 2017
hi everyone! We recently got 10 chicks, 3 of them being silkies. They are 1 week old, 2 of the silkies feathers that are coming in at the ends of their wings look normal and straight, but my 3rd ones feathers are curling dramatically? What's going on? Thanks for any and all advice! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 99
So what does that mean lol? Is he still a full silkie? Is he crossed with something else? Are the feathers something to worry about? This is our first time with chickens sense I was young on a farm so it's new and fun!

Thank you! I appreciate it :) its definitely a cute little chick! Looks like a little penguin lol.

Frizzle is a feather type just like Silkied and Smooth. You should never breed frizzle to frizzle or you could potentially get breakage and very ungood results. They are truly adorable when they grow up sounds like you got lucky!

I feel lucky lol! She is just so funny to watch. Everyone that comes to see the new chicks always points her out saying what in the world is that? Lol! It's a great conversation starter ;)

Thank you! I appreciate it :) its definitely a cute little chick! Looks like a little penguin lol.
I have a little red chick whose wing feathers are really curly. He/she is so cute! I read it could be a Frizzle Silkie. Either way, I love it! I also have 2 black ones but theirs are only the slightest curly. Then, my 2 yellow have regular feathers, so I'm not sure what kind of chicks they are. I'm anxious to find out in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom