Guesses (you can change it as we go along! Four votes only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These are actually Week 7's pictures (last week) but I wasn't able to post until now. I'll wait a day or so to let the poll update and then do this week's pictures.

At this point, I will add comments about each chick. Feel free to do the same!

Week 7
Free

1618371333896.png
Free's comb area is still flat except for one pin prick of a bump at the back that I think means nothing.

Libby
1618371441309.png
"Her" comb lump is large. I'm thinking rooster.

Indie
1618371463958.png
Indie's comb is also showing significant growth.

Judy
1618371483609.png
Judy does not like pictures so we didn't get a good one. However, her comb area is perfectly smooth and-though it is a bit early to judge by this-her crest is large and round shaped. I'm fairly sure she is a girl!

Aww so cute! The combs seem like they are really starting to give a better clue as to gender. I really didn't want to change my Libby guess but with that big growth spurt on the comb I think I have to. 😣

I had one girl last year that tricked me with her comb at around 7-8 weeks old but she was the only one with a big comb out of over 30 girls! Once all the boys had their streamers and she didn't I realized my mistake. :lol:

Aww so cute! The combs seem like they are really starting to give a better clue as to gender. I really didn't want to change my Libby guess but with that big growth spurt on the comb I think I have to. 😣

I had one girl last year that tricked me with her comb at around 7-8 weeks old but she was the only one with a big comb out of over 30 girls! Once all the boys had their streamers and she didn't I realized my mistake. :lol:
I'm disappointed too, but it could be worse. Indie may also be a boy, but I thinks she has a vaulted skull and her crest is super scarce and weird, so I'm okay if she's a roo. I really love Judy's crest and Free's coloring, so let's hope they stay girls!

I haven't had a trickster yet, but I don't doubt that I will sometime in the future!:oops:

I'm disappointed too, but it could be worse. Indie may also be a boy, but I thinks she has a vaulted skull and her crest is super scarce and weird, so I'm okay if she's a roo. I really love Judy's crest and Free's coloring, so let's hope they stay girls!

I haven't had a trickster yet, but I don't doubt that I will sometime in the future!:oops:

I kind of had Indie down as a boy from the beginning. :oops:

At least little Judy and Free are still looking very feminine. 🥰

If it does turn out to be a 50/50 ratio at least that isn't too bad! My worst hatch was 7 boys to 1 girl. 😖

I kind of had Indie down as a boy from the beginning. :oops:

At least little Judy and Free are still looking very feminine. 🥰

If it does turn out to be a 50/50 ratio at least that isn't too bad! My worst hatch was 7 boys to 1 girl. 😖
Out of curiosity, what made you guess Indie was a girl?

Ouch, that stinks! At least you got one girl though.

Out of curiosity, what made you guess Indie was a girl?

Ouch, that stinks! At least you got one girl though.

The comb looked the most broad from the pictures. Sometimes the fluff gets in the way so it could be the others had combs just as broad but from pictures alone Indie looked the most male to me from early on. I do get girls with broad combs sometimes but not nearly as often as with the males.

I was looking forward on the new pictures!
For me personally now they are in a stage where I find it particularly difficult to evaluate.
...but I think I have to change my guess about Justice/Judy - I said male but I think now female.
Indy looks to me kind of younger - still more like a baby, the others already more like teenagers.
They are all gorgeous :love

Back
Top Bottom