Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
68502_p1050244.jpg

My silkie x. She looks just like a silkie, but without silkie feathers, lol.

I like the black silkie x. What is she crossed with? :)

1 day old Silkie/EE mix (Mom was pure white silkie)

Here He/She is at 1 month old (I am thinking he is a Roo)
sibling at 3 days old.

Second one at a month old

2 days old

This is the 3rd one from my first hatch.

I am thinking 2 and 3 are girls and the first is a Roo, but I am new at this. I guess I will have to just wait and see.
I think your right on the genders...atleast for the moment but the first one is really a boy

Hi All,
I just found this site. Or rather, I just re-found this site. I was on here years ago but lost it when my pc crashed. Anyway, I found a few threads when I was googling silkie cross breeds. I have a chick that hatched out on feb. 6th, she is starting to show spots on her wings. She has five toes and came from a coop with 2 silkie roo's so she is definitely part silkie. But there is also a guinea hen in there that grew up with the silkies. Does anyone have any pics of an adult silkie x guinea hen? I was wondering what she might look like when she gets older. I'll try to get a picture of my 2 hatchlings tomorrow. The other one is definitely all silke, she has 5 toes, and the silkie hat. They are adorable together. Thanks.
axe

When I breed my silkie to a production Red (ghost) she is only broody once a year and lays PR style eggs but smaller.
When I breed my Silkie to a GLW (GLW is only seasonally broody) the three that were females all go broody regularly, and when they lay (nearly never) the eggs were GLW style but smaller.

You can get a medium sized broody bird that has fewer of the issues living outside as a silkie that can cover one dozen eggs successfully and hatch 75-80%.

Or you can get a reliable layer of larger then banty sized eggs (medium to large) in a medium sized package.

These are 5 days old.

I just came across this thread and would like to add my own little silkie mixes. These all have the same dad, a partridge silkie. Moms are one of 4 different cochins, black, dark buff, medium buff, & buff. I will post pictures of the parents tomorrow.Heres the babies!
He is about 3 weeks.
5 days old.

For those of you who mix silkies/EEs, do you recommend it? What are some positive results from the combination?
. I have 12 Silkie/EE crosses 3 are about a month and a half old and 9 are almost 3 weeks. So far they r great. They r sweet and so beautiful in color. I posted pictutes of some on here.

Tammaclearn    what beautiful babies- looks like only 1 may have black legs.  Do any have black skin?

It's hard to tell in the picture but I think two have black legs. One was facing the other direction. Two do have black skin. The others don't. I live how their feathers look.

Back
Top Bottom