Silkie Egg Silkie,eggs,hatch, incubator

I hatched probably a 100 Silkies this past year... And treat them as every other egg... also the same as Alleyschicks, essentially...

35-45% humidity inside the bator days 1-18. And 60-65% thereafter. My chicks almost always hatch on day 21. Same temps as stated.

Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy
My humidity is staying at 40 and my temp is hanging out at 99. A friend of mine has eggs due today . We're going to swap one of my blues for one of his splashes. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:celebrate:wee:celebrate

Sorry I was offline all night. I typically do dry incubation because here in Tennessee its always humid. So it always reads 30% with no water in the reservoirs. When I do add water I never let it go above 40%. I do mine pretty much the exact same way @AlleysChicks stated.

What part of Tennessee? I have an aunt that lives in Nashville and it is extremely humid there.

Does your incubator have a fan? 99.5-100F if so. If it doesn’t then 102F.

I have to keep an eye on mine. So the humidity varies. I either run dry in the rainy season or 35% the first 18 days. Lockdown I fill everything up and it’s about 70%. Keep an eye by candling because small eggs can loose weight quick.
How much weight should my eggs lose?

How much weight should my eggs lose?
Ive never paid attention to the eggs weight change, just watch for development. And the airsack will change sizes. Then I lock em down for the last 3 days with 60-70% humidity. But it depends on your setup, humidity isnt the same for every incubator/location.

Back
Top Bottom