BlueHorse17

Free Ranging
8 Years
Mar 20, 2015
USA
My Coop
My Coop
IMG_6001.jpeg

I’ve been bouncing back and forth with this Silkie in particular trying to decide it’s gender. It is 6 months old. I’m leaning towards cockerel but not 100% sure? No crowing, no eggs (figured too young regardless). It does “call” the others over whenever I feed them though, if that matters.

IMG_5999.jpeg

This bottom pic is one of my pullets for comparison.

IMG_5656.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 3511632

I’ve been bouncing back and forth with this Silkie in particular trying to decide it’s gender. It is 6 months old. I’m leaning towards cockerel but not 100% sure? No crowing, no eggs (figured too young regardless). It does “call” the others over whenever I feed them though, if that matters.

View attachment 3511640

View attachment 3511656
I would say cockerel only because it seems to have a good comb and wattles in place.

There is a gender DNA test you can do if you can’t wait 😊 (it’s what I am doing with my month olds).

I would say cockerel only because it seems to have a good comb and wattles in place.

There is a gender DNA test you can do if you can’t wait 😊 (it’s what I am doing with my month olds).
I was actually reading up on that yesterday. Depending on the answers I get I might just end up doing that to have an ease of mind. I heard some of them you submit a feather or something?

View attachment 3511632

View attachment 3511640

View attachment 3511656
This is a very true Cockerel look to me. None of my girls ever had wattles at this age

Back
Top Bottom