• I used to have silkies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Griffin Nest

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Hi BYC!

Today I ordered 12+ Silkie Eggs from a seller on ebay. This is my first time with silkies and I'm really excited because they are my favorite breed and I've never got to have one before!

This is the incubator I will be using. It's a cooler with an Incukit DC installed in it. I just started running it today. The eggs will be here in a few days!
big_smile.png

Anyone else with Silkies?

Last edited:
Awesome!!
celebrate.gif

The only reason I polled "not my favorite" is because I have other breeds I think I like more (I have trouble choosing favorites also). Silkies are so sweet, pretty, soft, unique, and wonderful mommas and poppas, though they are more prone to predation and bullying. I have a silkie egg under my silkie momma. She also has some standard eggs under her. In a few days I'm also getting a silkie chick, along with some other bantams, from the hatchery!

I look forward to hearing about your hatch and I'll keep you up-to-date on mine!
smile.png

I am SO MAD!!

Eggs came today. First of all, all of the eggs were pointed up, not down. When I candled them, ALL of them were sloshy and 5 EGGS EVEN HAD DEAD EMBRYOS INSIDE!! LOOKED LIKE A WEEK OLD!! NOT FRESH AT ALL!! Not ONE good egg. $25 wasted.
I've ALWAYS bought shipped eggs and I've never had an experience like this!
Looks like no Silkies for a while now...That was the last auction I could find.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. That's terrible. Who on earth sold them to you?

Our eggs don't appear fertile, but they were nothing like that.

Holy Moly I replied with negative feedback and now they're arguing with me that their eggs are fresh. Fresh eggs don't have embryos in them
rant.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom