Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Yes, but they aren't my favorite.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Yes, I love them!

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • I used to have silkies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope it wasn't this gal by chance. If not..get eggs from her! I have bought from her 3 times! Her eggs are fertile! She has another one on ebay too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silkie-Buff-Hatching-Eggs-6-FREE-SHIPPING-/121718660309?hash=item1c56ff5cd5

Here is a white silkie, and a paint Show Girl I got from two different hatches from her...had great hatches too by the way.

I just trimmed her eyes..soo fluffy she couldn't see.

My paint SG from her.

I was just looking at photos again... this paint showgirl is crazy adorable!! I want one!!!

Hi everyone! It's OP again. I hear most of you are around days 6-8. Today I'm on day 8. I tossed out all of the infertile eggs and quitters, leaving me with 7 healthy eggs. Hopefully I have no more quitters!

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Last edited:
They look healthy.
thumbsup.gif

The last 2 chicks I hatched are paint, the second one's spots are just starting to show up! I am hoping I have a porcelain chick too. I have a couple light chicks from my second hatch that I will have to see how they feather out. I have 4 incubators ; ) I turned off my cabinet though. It has been humid here, so I don't know if I can get humidity much below 28 or 30% I may just not worry about them and hope for the best.
Are you trying to lower humidity on the two or increase it?
Hi everyone! It's OP again. I hear most of you are around days 6-8. Today I'm on day 8. I tossed out all of the infertile eggs and quitters, leaving me with 7 healthy eggs. Hopefully I have no more quitters! Day 5 Day 6 Day 7
What is that beautiful blue egg you have in the incubator?? I've never seen a chicken egg that blue before!

Are you trying to lower humidity on the two or increase it?
What is that beautiful blue egg you have in the incubator?? I've never seen a chicken egg that blue before!

I was going to see if I could lower the humidity for those bigger eggs, but I don't think it is going to happen.

That blue egg looks like a plastic Easter egg to me : )

ok good news, we have the whole chicken area screened (althoughthe hawks still are hanging around). we found some screen torn today are hawks that smart? my sweet baby ducklings are hatching. there were 14 eggs, so far I can see at least 7. they are hatching earlier than I expected.. it seems one of the eggs was rolled away from the nest two days ago before the others started to hatch and it was partially hatched. that was sad. so far the rest are looking healthy.
thank you Jesus.

ok good news, we have the whole chicken area screened (althoughthe hawks still are hanging around). we found some screen torn today are hawks that smart? my sweet baby ducklings are hatching. there were 14 eggs, so far I can see at least 7. they are hatching earlier than I expected.. it seems one of the eggs was rolled away from the nest two days ago before the others started to hatch and it was partially hatched. that was sad. so far the rest are looking healthy.
thank you Jesus.

I hope they all hatch well!
smile.png

We lost a chicken to a hawk, and it was really sad, so I hope you can get rid of the hawk problem. Some hawks are more daring then others, but if they tore screen it would probably be from an area they could reach from a stable perch.

Back
Top Bottom