Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Yes, but they aren't my favorite.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Yes, I love them!

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • I used to have silkies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, the liquid looks like it not free in the air cell, and I think I can see him pushing up on the membrane, but not poking through

Hi Naliez,
Where did you get your egg from? Did you have others?
Pic 2 looks exactly like my better shipped eggs did, personally I'd think it was a 'saddled air cell'. Seems to have that bit of a point to it, rather than the curve of the aircell dipping down.The fluid might be the remaining albumin (egg white)??
Perhaps more experienced hatchers can say what they think, but the size looked ok to me (but I cant judge distance so dont trust my opinion!), if so I'd say day 18 go up to 65% and lay flat air cell up, if your air cell doesn't move. if it does guess you have to sit the egg blunt end up.
good luck

Thanks for asking.
smile.png

I have a small number of silkie-mix eggs in the incubator that are going to hatch a week or so into September. This will be my first time using the incubator with success (if they hatch) so I'm pretty excited.

As for how to stop yourself from buying more eggs? You don't. Lol.
gig.gif
I try, but it just doesn't happen. The only reason I don't have a million chickens is because money is really tight right now and we can barely afford the ones we have right now. However, when money picks back up.... lets just say that incubator will be put to good use.

so hope money picks up soon for you!
Good luck....Did you have trouble previously trying the incubator or is this its first run?

so hope money picks up soon for you!
Good luck....Did you have trouble previously trying the incubator or is this its first run?

Thanks.
smile.png

I used it to help me hatch some eggs my broodies were having trouble with, but these were only in for a day or so. I also used it for 8 shipped eggs, but all of these quit pretty early on.

Is there a chance the vermiculite is causing a problem? It works really well for keeping things moist for reptiles, and it isn't touching the eggs.

Precious, one of my chicks I was sure wouldn't hatch but did!

Dastan, a late hatcher we let hatch in the incubator before slipping him back under a momma hen

My 8 shipped eggs that didn't hatch

oh that so sweet, can see the little one bustling in under the other 2

The trio, Precious (the silkie), Adrian (the light one), and Enterprise (the dark one). They are really huge and they are all growing really fast.

The trio with their older "cousins", the Twilight Bantams (Twilight, Eve, Dawn and Dusk) which are around a month old but for whatever reason are very gentle with the trio.

Ruby, Check the he said she said etc thread. Walnut hill may be selling a Brinsea, but I'm not sure.

Did I say I wanted to buy another brinsea out loud?? LOL. you're reading my mind. Yes, I talked to Walnut about the one she has for sale. I was at the beach yesterday and typed a bunch of replies on this thread and my reception cut out and they were lost! I wanted to tell you to make sure the children's vitamins don't have iron in them. Can you buy the sav-a-chick online? If you ever wanted me to mail you a couple packs, let me know. I'll look up the ingredients because I have a couple packs here. Maybe you could find or make something similar. I am prepared to assist these eggs, as you said. I feel that responsibility after all the shipping damage. I just hope they internally pip. I don't know how you found that beak under the membrane but you did a great job!! I'm scared to go into the membrane if they don't break it first. How are they doing, by the way? Is your hatch totally done now? Next spring I'll be hatching a ton but I'm "supposed" to be done for the year!!

First time hatcher here. Singular due for lockdown tomorrow. Only slight movement, but not as big as I thought he would be. Can anybody tell me what's going on? Lol

Looks like a saddle shaped air cell! Was that egg shipped? That shape is normal for shipped eggs. I'm concerned about the fluid you are seeing. Are you sure the chick is alive? And are you sure it's fluid in there? Have you gone into lockdown?

Hi Naliez,
Where did you get your egg from? Did you have others?
Pic 2 looks exactly like my better shipped eggs did, personally I'd think it was a 'saddled air cell'. Seems to have that bit of a point to it, rather than the curve of the aircell dipping down.The fluid might be the remaining albumin (egg white)?? 
Perhaps more experienced hatchers can say what they think, but the size looked ok to me (but I cant judge distance so dont trust my opinion!), if so I'd say day 18 go up to 65% and lay flat air cell up, if your air cell doesn't move. if it does guess you have to sit the egg blunt end up.
good luck

Yup, I agree.

Well i have 7 successful hatched silkies. 3 hatched on their own. 4 assisted because of those awful air cells!!! 2 got cemented in even though humidity stayed around 70. One insisted on getting out before blood was absorbed and bled a lot!! I tried to stop the bleeding with corn syar h and then applied pressure with gauze. She made it so far but gauze is stuck on her so i had to bandage it onto her so she didnt push it off and start bleeding again. I think i will have to soak it off of her later today. Another one had a lot of gross syrupy fliid that cemented all over it. Those two spent the nite separated from the rest and vuddled together. Final splash finished his hatch in the middle of the night last nite. I've never been so emotionally spent!! So 3 blacks, 2 splash, 1 white, and one either black or nlue - i cant tell because still all crusty from the syrupy stuff.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Well i have 7 successful hatched silkies. 3 hatched on their own. 4 assisted because of those awful air cells!!! 2 got cemented in even though humidity stayed around 70. One insisted on getting out before blood was absorbed and bled a lot!! I tried to stop the bleeding with corn syar h and then applied pressure with gauze. She made it so far but gauze is stuck on her so i had to bandage it onto her so she didnt push it off and start bleeding again. I think i will have to soak it off of her later today. Another one had a lot of gross syrupy fliid that cemented all over it. Those two spent the nite separated from the rest and vuddled together. Final splash finished his hatch in the middle of the night last nite. I've never been so emotionally spent!! So 3 blacks, 2 splash, 1 white, and one either black or nlue - i cant tell because still all crusty from the syrupy stuff.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Yeah! Good job!

Back
Top Bottom