Silkie lover...finally joined the page

Anyone else have a one winged baby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krazyfunkychickenlady

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2018
IMG_1570.JPG long time stalker...first time joiner to the page.

City girl that has recently gone country. I currently (this changes daily it seems) have 15 chickens and all but 2 are silkies. 3 of them hatched last week. I have been loving on chickens since October 2017 and I'm not stopping any time soon. I have a partridge rooster that made me a beautiful chick recently and I'm always on this page to get advice and decided it was time to join :)

So, hi...my name is Trish and I'm a chick-o-Holic

Attachments

• IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    824 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    959.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 8
G'Day from down under Trish :frowWelcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

Your Silkies are beautiful! If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of them, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in this link:

Nice to meet you Trish. Beautiful silkies, do you show them? You may want to check out the other silkie threads; "Nothing but Partridge Silkies," "BBS Silkies , "Paint Silkies," "Buff silkies, etc." There is also a variety of silkie called "Showgirls," name applies to both sexes.

:welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here !

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

One last thing, if you're into gardening, feel free to join this years SEED SWAP (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/seed-swap.1220129/)

Glad you stopped lurking and decided to join us! Your birds are beautiful—do you mind if I ask for their names?
Thank you! I have Chewbacca (partridge rooster), "the boss" (rooster), then Frankie and Fiona( more roosters) then Tator Tot (she is my heart. Saved her from a hawk. She lost a wing but won my heart. She's a tiny silkie), mashed potatoes is a tiny cream and brown silkie hen, bon bon is an all white silkie hen, Snoop is a run of the mill hen (all black with green tint to feathers no clue what type), Gris is my grey hen, blue bell is dark grey with blue tint hen, meatloaf is my Americauna, and I have 3 chicks - buttercup, peepers and spike :)

View attachment 1342629 long time stalker...first time joiner to the page.

City girl that has recently gone country. I currently (this changes daily it seems) have 15 chickens and all but 2 are silkies. 3 of them hatched last week. I have been loving on chickens since October 2017 and I'm not stopping any time soon. I have a partridge rooster that made me a beautiful chick recently and I'm always on this page to get advice and decided it was time to join :)

So, hi...my name is Trish and I'm a chick-o-Holic

Welcome! I started off as a city girl as well. Never had any animals aside from my pups. We just wanted a couple of ducks for our pond in the country and now it has turned into this love for birds with over 200 waterfowl, poultry, gamebirds, peafowl, Emu’s and a full brooding room lol... Who knew birds had such personalities??

Back
Top Bottom