Silkie lover...finally joined the page

Anyone else have a one winged baby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad you stopped lurking and decided to join us! Your birds are beautiful—do you mind if I ask for their names?
Thank you! I have Chewbacca (partridge rooster), "the boss" (rooster), then Frankie and Fiona( more roosters) then Tator Tot (she is my heart. Saved her from a hawk. She lost a wing but won my heart. She's a tiny silkie), mashed potatoes is a tiny cream and brown silkie hen, bon bon is an all white silkie hen, Snoop is a run of the mill hen (all black with green tint to feathers no clue what type), Gris is my grey hen, blue bell is dark grey with blue tint hen, meatloaf is my Americauna, and I have 3 chicks - buttercup, peepers and spike :)

Welcome to BYC!! :welcome
So glad you could join us!
I've only had one Muscovy who had only one wing. The poor thing was dropped off on my farm. Took it about 3 months to recover, but she gets around perfectly!
That's awesome! My Tator Tot lost a wing to a hawk but she's all healed up. Or snd does ok. She's certainly shy around the others but she's getting more social.

Thank you! I have Chewbacca (partridge rooster), "the boss" (rooster), then Frankie and Fiona( more roosters) then Tator Tot (she is my heart. Saved her from a hawk. She lost a wing but won my heart. She's a tiny silkie), mashed potatoes is a tiny cream and brown silkie hen, bon bon is an all white silkie hen, Snoop is a run of the mill hen (all black with green tint to feathers no clue what type), Gris is my grey hen, blue bell is dark grey with blue tint hen, meatloaf is my Americauna, and I have 3 chicks - buttercup, peepers and spike :)
:welcome

Love the names

View attachment 1342629 long time stalker...first time joiner to the page.

City girl that has recently gone country. I currently (this changes daily it seems) have 15 chickens and all but 2 are silkies. 3 of them hatched last week. I have been loving on chickens since October 2017 and I'm not stopping any time soon. I have a partridge rooster that made me a beautiful chick recently and I'm always on this page to get advice and decided it was time to join :)

So, hi...my name is Trish and I'm a chick-o-Holic

Welcome! I started off as a city girl as well. Never had any animals aside from my pups. We just wanted a couple of ducks for our pond in the country and now it has turned into this love for birds with over 200 waterfowl, poultry, gamebirds, peafowl, Emu’s and a full brooding room lol... Who knew birds had such personalities??

Welcome! I started off as a city girl as well. Never had any animals aside from my pups. We just wanted a couple of ducks for our pond in the country and now it has turned into this love for birds with over 200 waterfowl, poultry, gamebirds, peafowl, Emu’s and a full brooding room lol... Who knew birds had such personalities??
Oh that's awesome! I actually used to be scared of birds. Seems so silly now. I love them so much!

Howdy Trish :frow

Glad you have stopped animated-indian-and-redskin-image-0031.gif
L U R K I N G
And decided to join us here at Backyard Chickens.

Back
Top Bottom