Silkie Pullet standing off to the side by herself, head dropping down - UPDATE inside please assist

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chinzilla, Nov 18, 2012.

1. chinzilla

chinzilla Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2012
    We rehomed a lil cockerel a few days ago and I thought my silkie pullet was simply depressed, but now she is standing off to the side by herself and her head keeps drooping slowly to the ground?

I have searched this whole forum up and down and can't find any answers :/

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. chinzilla

May 4, 2012
    Even when I hold her it's like she's struggling to stay awake?

3. chinzilla

May 4, 2012
    I also gave her a few drops of antibiotics (I happen to have them from the vet bc of a different pullet) and some polyvisol. Hoping it helps or that someone will have some insight :(

4. chinzilla

May 4, 2012
    UPDATE: She will NOT eat - not even her favorite (scrambled eggs or bananas - I tried both). She drank a miniscule amount of water. Her poop was watery and green. No other pullet showing ANY symptom of sickness (and they all eat and drink from the same containers).

I WILL take her to the vet tomorrow, however, I am very worried she won't make it until then. She seems incredibly weak.

5. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Try dripping water on her beak, normally they will take in some water that way - she needs to drink, hopefully your vet can help you with whatever is wrong with her - I cannot hazard a guess, could be any number of reasons.

I can only hope that somebody here can help you further - to get her through the night.

So sorry I am of no help!

Suzie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by