Silkie rooster -needs a loving home-marietta Ga

Tyc808

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2020
Hello! I have a lovely roo that the county says I cannot keep. We didn’t know when we got him that he would be a roo. He was born just before April 27,2020. He’s a good protector for the hens and has begun trying to mate. He has also saved them many times from Hawks. I absolutely hate having to find him a new home, but he crows and my neighbors are close. The image of him on the grass is the more recent one. He’s beautiful! 😭
Please let me know if you’re interested. His name is LeBlanc but we also call him Whitey, cause we didn’t name any of the chickens till we knew what they were sex wise.

Attachments

• 378ED598-8CFD-482F-AE59-D1130396CAAA.jpeg
    378ED598-8CFD-482F-AE59-D1130396CAAA.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 10
  • EB7AEAD6-02ED-4AE2-A6C7-E32792C03206.jpeg
    EB7AEAD6-02ED-4AE2-A6C7-E32792C03206.jpeg
    849.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 8AE24904-8002-47AE-98E1-C1F5DB9A327E.jpeg
    8AE24904-8002-47AE-98E1-C1F5DB9A327E.jpeg
    533.4 KB · Views: 4
Ok. Does he do good with the hens? Any aggression towards people/other chickens?
He’s not aggressive towards me, but he does chase my kids. But honestly the kids were wanting him to chase them cause they find it funny cause he’s so little. He hasn’t hurt them. He’s been mating lately and the hens started to lay so I am thinking he’s being protective of his girls. Other than trying to mate with the girls he’s not aggressive. My hens don’t have their feathers all plucked out either. So he’s been quite nice to them. He’s only about six months old. But we hand feed him treats, pick him up and hold him and he doesn’t struggle. In fact when he is out free ranging and he sees me he comes running towards me from across the yard to greet me. We love him so much and it breaks our hearts that we can’t keep him.

Ok. Does he do good with the hens? Any aggression towards people/other chickens?
To answer more about chickens, we raised him from a chick with two other silkie chicks, both are hens. We received two more silkie hens about a month younger. He hasn’t been around any other ones of chickens. We have two cats and a dog and other than showing the youngest cat that he’s the boss and stay away from my girls he’s not been aggressive. In fact the cat comes right up to them a lot and he minds his own business. He’s been instrumental in warning us of predators. He makes this gurgle sound when he spots one.

He’s not aggressive towards me, but he does chase my kids. But honestly the kids were wanting him to chase them cause they find it funny cause he’s so little. He hasn’t hurt them. He’s been mating lately and the hens started to lay so I am thinking he’s being protective of his girls. Other than trying to mate with the girls he’s not aggressive. My hens don’t have their feathers all plucked out either. So he’s been quite nice to them. He’s only about six months old. But we hand feed him treats, pick him up and hold him and he doesn’t struggle. In fact when he is out free ranging and he sees me he comes running towards me from across the yard to greet me. We love him so much and it breaks our hearts that we can’t keep him.
I'm sorry you can't keep him :hugs I would take him if I could, but i just looked it up and Marietta is farther away than I thought. I'm sure you'll be able to find such a pretty boy a home! Have you looked at any chicken swaps around you? Theres one I go to at a local feed store, and all the silkies are gone within the hour! And thats with them being 15-20 dollars each bird (including the roos, surprisingly!)

I'm sorry you can't keep him :hugs I would take him if I could, but i just looked it up and Marietta is farther away than I thought. I'm sure you'll be able to find such a pretty boy a home! Have you looked at any chicken swaps around you? Theres one I go to at a local feed store, and all the silkies are gone within the hour! And thats with them being 15-20 dollars each bird (including the roos, surprisingly!)
Never heard of a swap before. I’m literally new to being a chicken mama.

Back
Top Bottom