Silkie thread!

Hi ya'll! Not new, just new account as we couldn't access other...We used to be KYSILKIES... We've expanded so we're now kyexotics as we've added Lakenvelder, Polish, Sultans and Guineas to our Silkie flock! We also have Crested Pekin, Jumbo Pekin, Khaki Campbells and black and fawn runner ducks... This is how all of our white silkie hens look! We worked hard to get this consistent look! Working on getting Buffs the same...
Welcome back. NICE!! :)

I disagree.

When your weather is below Zero like 17 below, this is not going to make them more hardy. This past winter I had a Call Duck who got Frost bite ON his Love TOOL. Yeh go figure. with freezing cold weather, confinement I don't care if you cover it with a tarp or blankets etc. Once it hits it hits. so Heating lamps are definitely an option for me. I wouldn't go an entire winter without them.

We get warnings all the time, STAY INSIDE.

The last winter was extremely bad for the Midwest and the East Coast - surprisingly freezing temps and heavy snows while we here in So Calif were going into our 3rd year of severe drought - go figure! I think we only got 3 nights of temps right at freezing 32 degrees but mostly very mild and practically rain-free fall/winter months. High deserts and mountains got flash floods but in the city we got nothing.

I got new kiddos!! Plus the eggs coming Monday. Lol I have a patient husband.
A splash cockerel and a blue cream pair. :)

Also if you guys have thought on the sex of these two I would appreciate it. I hatched them from my flock May 8th so they are nearly 5 months old, their brothers look like boys, these two have streamers coming in I think, or their crests are filling in. I'm so confused.

Back
Top Bottom