Silkie thread!

Quote:
pretty little thing!
smile.png

I know this is posted somewhere...but its late and there are just to many posts to read....BUT
how soon will I know if I have silkie roos or pullets? i have 4 silkies about 3 weeks and would like to know what to watch for as they grow... Thanks!!
caf.gif

Quote:
Sometimes I can tell at about 9 weeks. The better the quality of the birds the harder it is to tell. Sometimes it can be 6 months and sometimes over a year old. Honestly with silkies its best to wait till one lays an egg or crows
smile.png

Quote:
Sometimes I can tell at about 9 weeks. The better the quality of the birds the harder it is to tell. Sometimes it can be 6 months and sometimes over a year old. Honestly with silkies its best to wait till one lays an egg or crows
smile.png

Don't depend on the crowing, had a pullet once that crowed until she laid her first egg!
barnie.gif

Then we will wait...ha ha I don`t want roosters (close neighbor) and didnt want to get to attached to any that may not be staying here long term:old

But will definitly wait as I dont want to make a mistake...

Thanks

Quote:
Yep exactly that style. The little rod is so tiny it would be hard to peck onto properly to get water to come out. Major bummer since the top fill part look amazing! I'm trying to think of where to find the spout part seperately so I can reuse the bottle/flip top part.

I see them separately all the time, shouldnt be a prob. good luck!

Unfortunately it does not work as the ball type spouts work on vacuum to keep the water from all running out and the flip top lids are not airtight.

Back
Top Bottom