Silkies really are evil, aren't they?

Funny!
gig.gif

It's a silkie, of course it deserves the best! That's just the rule!

you think a silkie is bad - try a little broody serama (b size) - Man, she will lunge at you from the nest even if you think about looking at her..
(I think she is a teacup chihuahua under those feathers)
lau.gif

Okay here me out....Our first silkies and hubby loves them. I'm shocked. Brought one in the house, he won't even let me keep a brooder in the house...Walks around with one on his shoulder. Maybe thinks he's a pirate....I don't know... See my thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=440791

So far no aggression noted in ours...None at all.... LOL, but maybe the hubby has captured their hearts....LOL...

Love you guys...Time for chores...AGAIN!

I made a decision last night. I'll give into Jethro this time and let her have her way.

Next time she tries going broody on me, I'm gonna put about a dozen and a half jersey giant eggs under her. That'll teach her.
tongue.gif

A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
You have plainly never dealt with a broody Silkie before...

Won't work, huh?
hmm.png

I am getting slightlly worried here as one of my silkie's has laid about 7 eggs so far and hasn't gone broody, so I am now waiting on it everyday!!!
Maybe my silkies think it is too cold in Scoltand at this time of year????
I did get silkies so that they would do the broody thing and i didn't have to bother with incubators and heat lamps but surely my gorgeous wee girlies aren't going to turn into horrors are they??

I cannot wait until my first broody and one group is only 4 weeks old and the other being born today!!!! I want a bunch of broody hens so I can go without an incubator.... I'm excited to hear that they continue to hear again that they are great broodies!... Now ask me in 8 months if I feel the same....LOL, bet I say i
lau.gif
want some eggs from the to hatch, I want some eggs.....

Back
Top Bottom