Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters
Thank you so much! I have a lady right now who has a goal of having 200 silkies and I am breeding ALL of those for her! LOL:barnie

You're very welcome! :)

Wow so many! I would love to get some interest in chick preorders, I never know if I'll be able to find the chicks I hatch homes very easily or not. I hope I'll get some interest, I did a bad thing and have 61 eggs currently at differing stages of development..... I'm sure not all will hatch but I'd be surprised if I got less than 40 chicks. :lol:

It's so hard to get really nice spots in my paints I feel like I have to hatch a lot to get a few really nice ones to keep to work on better spots in my line. Crossing my fingers with so many chicks hatching I'll at least get one or two really nice spotted babies. :fl

What color is the front chick? Lavender, porcelain, self blue? Her dad is splash and her mom is a buff, black, or white. Her dad I also got from a hobby breeder and isn't show quality.
View attachment 2340390

Hmmm she reminds me of some of the very light colored grays I've seen (silver partridge). Perhaps she's got some blue diluting the black base and then is partridge patterned. Looks like she might have a moor head too (moor head makes the head darker). Very pretty little girl! Dad may very well carry a partridge pattern gene (with only one copy it likely won't show as it is recessive). If he bred with the white then they might be more likely to have some partridge offspring as recessive white is often partridge based (though it can hide all sorts of things). Dad being splash should be silver based too if coming from a breeder who kept colors separate so he will likely give the silver base to his daughters giving silver partridge rather than gold.

I could definitely be wrong though, when you mix colors it can sometimes be hard to pin down what the chick colors are.

Oh my gosh! Those are absolutely adorable!!!

Thank you! :D

You're very welcome! :)

Wow so many! I would love to get some interest in chick preorders, I never know if I'll be able to find the chicks I hatch homes very easily or not. I hope I'll get some interest, I did a bad thing and have 61 eggs currently at differing stages of development..... I'm sure not all will hatch but I'd be surprised if I got less than 40 chicks. :lol:

It's so hard to get really nice spots in my paints I feel like I have to hatch a lot to get a few really nice ones to keep to work on better spots in my line. Crossing my fingers with so many chicks hatching I'll at least get one or two really nice spotted babies. :fl

Hmmm she reminds me of some of the very light colored grays I've seen (silver partridge). Perhaps she's got some blue diluting the black base and then is partridge patterned. Looks like she might have a moor head too (moor head makes the head darker). Very pretty little girl! Dad may very well carry a partridge pattern gene (with only one copy it likely won't show as it is recessive). If he bred with the white then they might be more likely to have some partridge offspring as recessive white is often partridge based (though it can hide all sorts of things). Dad being splash should be silver based too if coming from a breeder who kept colors separate so he will likely give the silver base to his daughters giving silver partridge rather than gold.

I could definitely be wrong though, when you mix colors it can sometimes be hard to pin down what the chick colors are.

Thank you! :D
Thank you for all of that information! I don't know if the breeder separated or not. I actually have a silver partridge chick (I think) and she doesn't look similar but you may be right.

Thank you for all of that information! I don't know if the breeder separated or not. I actually have a silver partridge chick (I think) and she doesn't look similar but you may be right.

Partridge can vary quite a bit so could be. I see very light grays (silver partridge) often getting mistaken for splash so it popped to mind. She could be something else though. The other chick next to her does look like another darker gray to me. I love grays, light or dark I think they are so pretty! :love

Partridge can vary quite a bit so could be. I see very light grays (silver partridge) often getting mistaken for splash so it popped to mind. She could be something else though. The other chick next to her does look like another darker gray to me. I love grays, light or dark I think they are so pretty! :love
Thank you!

My 4 silkies out in the tractor for the first time. After they got over the initial “where are we?” set about eating grass and bugs.
They share a large coop/run with a mixed flock. Thought it would be nice for them to have some “silkie time”😊
D6230DF8-A7B6-41F5-A177-2C025EBBE8A0.jpeg
090B996F-CEA5-405E-90FE-9699E8317550.jpeg

My 4 silkies out in the tractor for the first time. After they got over the initial “where are we?” set about eating grass and bugs.
They share a large coop/run with a mixed flock. Thought it would be nice for them to have some “silkie time”😊View attachment 2359024View attachment 2359026

Wow they sure are filling out now! They are just beautiful! :love

Wow they sure are filling out now! They are just beautiful! :love
Thanks I am very happy with them! They will be 19 weeks old on Monday.
Started with the 14 that hatched, ended up with these 4 in the end. Funny, I didn’t even want white silkies to begin with I ended up keeping the two that I had! Probably should’ve kept the blue or splash boy but Jane was the friendliest.😊

Back
Top Bottom