Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
6B is all yours! A buff. Thank you! ❤️
I think that may be a winner! I hope they all are winners for you! I have never considered disinfecting hatching eggs! I just pick clean looking or brush them off a bit with a scrubby pad.
6B is all yours! A buff. Thank you! ❤️
Let's call the chick "Hope" as I am hopeful!

You are NOT alone!! @Kiki has a post up about naming 3 things we've done today. If I could stop and finish one thing, perhaps I could get over there and actually say I did them lol.

You have 4B (a buff) and named it Jack or Jill.
Thanks 😆 I'm with you. I'm trying to do to much. Jack/Jill I should of said Jack/ Sally lol 😆 thanks again

I think that may be a winner! I hope they all are winners for you! I have never considered disinfecting hatching eggs! I just pick clean looking or brush them off a bit with a scrubby pad.
Let's call the chick "Hope" as I am hopeful!
❤️ I never clean them either. Five of them are just being experimented on. Good name! If it's a boy, it's still Hope, or Hoppy maybe. ☺️

Cone on little Egger it's meant to be !
nightmare before christmas jack and sally GIF

One thing that I have learned this week is that the 41 egg turners that I have will easily let me use the cup for a small silkie egg. So now the turning motor doesn't waste a slot. My eggs went in Friday night before Debbie set hers. I have no clue how many of what I have just like the last hatch. It will be what it will be. I'll be extremely happy if I get 5-6 silkie pullets for surrogate moms.

One thing that I have learned this week is that the 41 egg turners that I have will easily let me use the cup for a small silkie egg. So now the turning motor doesn't waste a slot. My eggs went in Friday night before Debbie set hers. I have no clue how many of what I have just like the last hatch. It will be what it will be. I'll be extremely happy if I get 5-6 silkie pullets for surrogate moms.

I think you'll end up with more than that though. 🤞 The only thing is that we never know for nearly 5 months what they are. And when they all hatch, the fuzzy butts will stand out from the rest. ☺️

I think you'll end up with more than that though. 🤞 The only thing is that we never know for nearly 5 months what they are. And when they all hatch, the fuzzy butts will stand out from the rest. ☺️
I'll have to sort the eggs into 2 different hatchers at day 19 so the brutes will not hatch with the fuzzy butts. Some of those eggs are 5 times the size of the smallest silkie eggs. Beginning to get antsy already. I think I'm going to rehome a buff or maybe it's a red silkie rooster for some one that has a little girl that the naughty little boy thinks is another pullet. Coop building has started for silkies. I think it will be 20' long and 13' wide like an apartment complex inside for 4 bloodlines or different colors. If that's not enough then there is room for another one. :)

Back
Top Bottom