Silver lace project.

scotty1980

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2017
Nottingham UK
I would like to produce a silver laced Modern game bantam.

To be honest I don’t really know if it is possible? I have looked around on the web and I am struggling to find a recipe for creating silver lace!

I was also wondering if I could mix Modern Game Bantam X Silver laced sebright then breed it back to the Modern?

Any advice?

Thanks.

To be honest I don’t really know if it is possible? I have looked around on the web and I am struggling to find a recipe for creating silver lace!

I was also wondering if I could mix Modern Game Bantam X Silver laced sebright then breed it back to the Modern?

Any advice?

Thanks.

Yes, the best way to go about is to introduce the Lacing from Sebrights..

Brichen Modern Game Bantams Genetic code: ER/ER, S/-(for females, S/S for males), db+/db+, ml+/ml+, pg+/pg+, co+/co+

Silver Laced Sebrights genetic code: ER/ER, S/-(for females, S/S for males), Db/Db, Ml/Ml, Pg/Pg Co/Co

The Result cross will be ER/ER, S/-(for females, S/S for males), Db/db+, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+, Co/co+ The result should be poorly laced, but F1xF1 should yield good lacing.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00071669208417468

Keep in mind that the pattern gene Pg has previously been shown to be linked with both Db and Ml by approximately 17 and 10 units respectively. The locus of Ml appears therefore to lie between the loci of Db and Pg. so the Linkage would be Db-Ml-Pg, what this means is that they don't segregate independently and where Db goes, Ml and Pg will follow making F1 crosses back to Parent line(Modern Game) suited better than F1, at least to me, now the Columbian restrictor Co, that is a different gene that will segregate independently from the rest.

By silver laced, have you ever possibly seen a Silver blue? Here is one of my below. Is this what you are thinking? Or are you thinking more of a white silver?
28B23D1F-F2D8-48DE-94A7-0D48A8E3DC4B.jpeg

Any advice?

Thanks.
I may start a new thread to post. Here's the technique to introduce a new colour pattern into a breed that does not have it.

https://www.coachhousecochins.com/non-standard-colours-explained.html

Back
Top Bottom