Silver Laced Polish Cockerel?

ApesMullen

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm logging back on after some months now. Update on my hen Coco, she was unfortunately taken by some foxes when she was broody in the backyard, so now we only have Mojito. He's a silver laced polish, about 3 and a half months old (he hatched April 15th). I was wondering when he would start to crow and when I would start to see wattles and spurs. He doesn't have any reddening around his face yet, and he clucks but doesn't ever try to crow. He's also very tame because he spends most of his time with me and I try to hold him as often as possible since we don't have our hen around anymore. I live in a city so I will take the necessary steps to diminish the sound of his crowing if he starts soon, but right now he just hangs out, he doesn't charge at me or gets aggressive in any way. I just want to make sure that I'm correct in saying that he's a cockerel and he's not actually a pullet. Below is a picture of Mojito that I got this morning when he was walking around. Also, any tips on how to raise a rooster are welcome, and if anyone knows when I would start to see him mature?

Attachments

• IMG_2705.JPG
    IMG_2705.JPG
    598.3 KB · Views: 18
UPDATE: Mojito was born on April 5th, 2020 NOT April 15th. He will be 4 months next week :)

Back
Top Bottom