Silver laced Wyandotte

cedge

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 19, 2014
Is this a good rooster to use as my breeding rooster? He is around 7 or 8 months. Just wandering if his lacing is good he is my first Wyandotte

While he is handsome, I would not use him for breeding. His neck appears to be brassy and his shape should be slightly rounder.

Here is a nice looking breeder quality Silver Laced Wyandotte. (Picture from Wyandottes and Rocks website)

I don't think he is a pure silver laced Wyandotte. He has yellow hackles and saddle feathers, and he is blue. I think he is a result of a blue laced red Wyandotte x silver laced Wyandotte breeding. He does not have great type or lacing for show, but for a backyard flock he is fine.

Last edited:
Thank you that is what I was looking for I'm getting into wyandottes i have some more silver chicks and some blr chicks from a different breeder

It is entirely your choice but if u want birds that even vaguely represent the Wyandotte breed I would not use him. You will likely get some nice colorful birds, but it would be a stretch to refer to them as Wyandotte. He is far from representative of the type and lacing. He is pretty I give u that

Back
Top Bottom