4 Millie Defluer smooth Bantam
1 Swedish Flower hen
1 Isbar
1 splash? Maran

Roos
1 Silverudd Isbar
1 Millie Defluer frizzle Bantam
1 Golden Appenzeller Spitzhauben
I can only keep one roo. I have to keep in mind that the 2 isbars are siblings as well as the 2 frizzles. The spitshauben is out because he is so very shy. My other boys hop right into my lap. So, between the hens I have which Roo would produce more desirable offspring. I was just going to keep the frizzle but my Silverudd is getting gourgeous. He has shades of green, purple and blue. A whole lot of silver too. The little frizzle is so super sweet. He is beautiful but he is as gourgeous as he is going to get and my Isbar is getting prettier every single day. My other concerns are will my full sized isbar crush my poor little banties when they mate? Also, does anyone know the likelyhoood of my bantams being siblings or related to my smooths? They came from the same breeder. I am avoiding any sort of inbreeding. Thank you.

To be honest with you I am not really sure. I guess pretty and friendly. Both those boys have that covered. I guess egg production too as that is what most people are interested in. Thank you.

I will get pictures when the sun is out more to see if I can get my isbar's colors to pop. I know a lady in North Idaho who ships eggs. I got mine from her. Her Silverudd stock breeders are from Greenfire farms and she is certified. If you pm me I'll give you her number if you are looking for Isbar eggs.

To be honest with you I am not really sure. I guess pretty and friendly. Both those boys have that covered. I guess egg production too as that is what most people are interested in. Thank you.

If you’re looking for egg production I would say that the Mille fluer D’uccle is out, since they lay such small eggs. Generally people want large eggs.

You need set goals to have a breeding plan.

I would use the Silverudd male, especially since the banty roos might not be able to breed the Isbar hen.

I don't necessarily agree with that. A lot of people just want the experience of having chicks and don't care what breed/crosses produce them, some people just want to mix birds and see what prettiness comes of it, etc.
Well when you're trying to figure out who to breed, you should have some idea of what you want.

Back
Top Bottom