Sit'n on the porch

DH bought me the boxed set of all 6 seasons for Christmas one year. We started watching it during dinner. When we’d seen the final episode we looked at each other and I said “ What will we do without them at dinner?” He said “We could watch it again.” So we did! I think we went through it at least 3 times! :gig
Hahahaha We do that-- we have bought NCIS every year when it comes out on DVD, we have 1 - 17, and Hahahahah for 17 years, we have rewatched all of them, we are currently on season 11 Disk 5&6
Our new to watch is Blue Bloods. and due to my lololo slight ocdness, I had us stop NCIS on season 10, watch Blue Bloods season 1-3, so we could watch them and end them at the same time---- So, Blue Bloods season 4 & NCIS season 11,, And when Gary is at his hobby job/part time on week ends or gone, I watch Victoria or Downton Abbey.

I would buy the old Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blues but I think it is quite up there in price, I'll have to shop for them.. Back in the 80's we would watch Night Court, then Cheers on thur. nights.

Last edited:
Porches good morning one and all!

Last night I fixed Fried chicken bites and fried asparagus with a grilled peach half.

It was delicious.

Have a great day!
Good Morning !!! from the balcony porch,
I LOVE fried chicken, I bet that was truly yummy!!

IMG_1390.JPG

Organic-Layer-Pellets-Grub-Protein-_-Front-1.png
I buy Scratch & Peck feed [ Layer Pellets] . I like to know / source where the feed ingredients come from and they tell you, they dont hide it. And the fact that they list all of the ingredients on the bag, is important, to me. Same when I buy dog food. I buy Victor Brand.
I give extra Oyster Cal. for the layers, they eat what they want. I do see them taking it, not a lot but they do eat it.

The hens eat the S&P ok, I am getting 5 eggs a day, sometimes Granny takes a day off or one get broke. Leghorns are not pigs like the Orpingtons were, they dont eat much. But they also seem to not quite be satisfied, I guess all kids want snacks Lololol.
I dont buy treats, they get garden kale or lettuce once or twice a week.

Capture2.JPG

S&P also makes a grower, I feel there is a lot of waist with it. Waist being powder in the bottom. Which I have heard some make a mash with.
The pullets eat this and are doing fine. They do get into the hens feed but not much, I done worry about it like I use to.
I have seen them from 5 days old eating feathers that are on the ground. I have read this is normal, its extra protein, but I feel if they were getting "enough" maybe they wouldn't do that. ??????

Bob Rooster has the grower feed too.

fd.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG
I change out their water 2 to 3 times a week and more if it is dirty.
I keep a close eye on them for any changes in mood / behavior. I dont like sick chickens, no one dose. I do want them to as healthy as I possibly can help them be.

I dont like to switch feeds, it gives the flock mush poo even if I transition them slow, but I can do hiney washes when needed.

So I think they are doing fine. I was just out there looking them all over. The chicks are 9 & 8 weeks old. the browns all seam to be the same size as well as the 2 reds, one is slightly smaller but not much, the whites are the same.

All of the White LH's combs are nice and plump & a good red color.
I dont see much fighting except over nesting boxes Hahahahah and who sleeps where.

So,, I think, for now, they have had a good check up.

Laundry is all put away, I made an dish of Green Chili Enchiladas for dinner and cleaned up the kitchen, now have a big glass of water,,,,🥛,, run the vacuum, go wash the chickens water jug and give fresh water, get the eggs,
go down our hill and get the mail
[ I am going to load Tony & Ziva up in the truck and let them ride down,,, its as good as a trip to town for them haaha]

IMG_1223 (4).JPG

Laundry is all put away, I made an dish of Green Chili Enchiladas for dinner and cleaned up the kitchen, now have a big glass of water,,,,🥛,, run the vacuum, go wash the chickens water jug and give fresh water, get the eggs,
go down our hill and get the mail
[ I am going to load Tony & Ziva up in the truck and let them ride down,,, its as good as a trip to town for them haaha]

View attachment 2758732
This is your driveway!? Sooooooo blessed! And so beautiful!💕❤️

Back
Top Bottom