Sit'n on the porch

Good 5:30am,
Coffees Ready
it is just now finishing dripping
image_67171585.JPG

I got all the watering done, harvested a lot of Chamomile, and cleaned out the rain gutters,

I have another hen that wants to be broody so I let her have 3 of todays eggs. If she stays on her nest until dark, Ill take her 3 eggs and give her some of the other broody hens eggs, she is a small hen and is setting on 7, hahaha I dont need 10 to hatch

image_67190785.JPG

I used grow bags for my potatoes this year,
image_16884481.JPG

image_67522817.JPG

image_17171969.JPG

official chicken question???
I read an article on fresh eggs day
She gives her egg shells to her chickens for calcium….
Have any of you done this and not created egg eaters.
I save the shells, let them air dry, and crush them up. They have a small bowl of oyster shell, and another of egg shell. They eat a lot more of the egg shell, so I'm assuming they like that better? I have never had an egg eater, knock on wood!

Oh the list for today Friday June #2
Top of the list is to keep an eye on the new broody hen.
last evening she got up to eat and was off the nest to long so I took the 3 eggs she had, I didnt know she had a third one. But when I went out at 9:30 to close the door lolol she was back in her box. She is a bigger hen than broody hen#1, so I took 3 of the light brown ones from the little hen [ she had 7 eggs] and tucked them under her. She was still on the nest this morning, so she can keep the 3 eggs as long as she stays on the nest.

I can see the nesting box from the kitchen window
image_16842241.JPG

image_16836353.JPG

I save the shells, let them air dry, and crush them up. They have a small bowl of oyster shell, and another of egg shell. They eat a lot more of the egg shell, so I'm assuming they like that better? I have never had an egg eater, knock on wood!
YEA!!! :wee
Part of being self sufficient is not having to buy oyster shell.
I would think that in the wild a chicken would get what they need from wild stuff they eat.
Sally do you rinse them and then air dry?

Next on the list, AFTER MORE COFFEE,
We are back to our normal outdoor temps. [ it was oddly hot in May]
it is 45 out,,??? I think my tomatoes ????? may need covered at night ?? I haven decided, I think if my hands are cold so are the tomatoes :caf I will get my sheet of plastic out,,,
j.JPG

Feed the dogs, Get a pork roast in the oven and a pot of beans in the pressure cooker, laundry going and hung, dishes done,
the watering done,
cook up some rice,
clean out the ash from the wood stoves, go through the house with the duster, wash rugs, clean bathrooms, wash windows on the inside, vacuum,
3pm eat supper---
My Grandson #2 of 6 is 13 today,

So 15 more min of coffee time and I'll get rolling. You know how lists work........ other things come up and mess up the plan.... I am determined to not get waylaid :gig 🧹🧺🚽🛁🧽🪣🪟 👩‍🦳 🎉🛍️🎊🪅
And then TOMORROW mop all of the floors

Back
Top Bottom