Sit'n on the porch

When I had PT for my broken wrist, the therapist told me about a couple he knew. They had both been widowed, and this was their second marriage, and they were in their 60s. Not old, but had some life experience, as I say. He was losing his hearing, and she told my therapist, "This isn't what I signed up for when I married him!"

Call me dumbfounded. Lady, what part of "for better or worse, in sickness and in health" did you not understand?

I told my therapist to suggest to her that they both learn Morse Code, as that would be as easy or easier than the maual alphabet. Then they could sit next to each other and tap out messages. Tell each other your life story. Or dirty jokes. Or what they think of that other lady's ridiculous outfit. Or what they dreamed last night. Use this as a way to get closer together, not farther apart.

When I had PT for my broken wrist, the therapist told me about a couple he knew. They had both been widowed, and this was their second marriage, and they were in their 60s. Not old, but had some life experience, as I say. He was losing his hearing, and she told my therapist, "This isn't what I signed up for when I married him!"

Call me dumbfounded. Lady, what part of "for better or worse, in sickness and in health" did you not understand?

I told my therapist to suggest to her that they both learn Morse Code, as that would be as easy or easier than the maual alphabet. Then they could sit next to each other and tap out messages. Tell each other your life story. Or dirty jokes. Or what they think of that other lady's ridiculous outfit. Or what they dreamed last night. Use this as a way to get closer together, not farther apart.
That is very sad. What did she sign up for?

Back
Top Bottom