Sit'n on the porch

Pics
After a short / long night with the chicks in the coop, the 1yr olds got a tad bit of a treat of S&P start feed
@BY Bob
View attachment 2696606

the smallest white, just moved and walked on so I gave her her own pile
View attachment 2696607

then she headed to the nesting boxes, and fluffed & fluffed & settled
View attachment 2696609View attachment 2696610View attachment 2696611

BUT! Miss I am higher on the important list, jumped up, and Sweet baby just looks at her like?? REALLY OMstars
View attachment 2696620

So, I picked up Miss important and put her in the next box down

View attachment 2696624
This is a great photo spread. I love that you gave the smallest her own pile. I would do the same. I don't feel like I have ever seen your nest boxes in use before. Your setup is excellent.

Good morning GrandmaDeKorte. I hope you have a marvelous day.

20210407_084101.jpg

This is a great photo spread. I love that you gave the smallest her own pile. I would do the same. I don't feel like I have ever seen your nest boxes in use before. Your setup is excellent.
they lay at different times, on gets up there right off the roost, some not until 8ish,
I went out as soon as I got up (and started the coffee) to let Lord Leghorn out of the coop, boy did he get a bit crabby yesterday. He has his routine, and he likes things a certain way,

and Hahahahah he had told the hens to go to roost last evening, and they did,
Everyone was set, until I came back 30min later to check on the chicks,

2 got off the roost, and boy did he give me a look! it was like- " look what you started!" he let a low growl go , got off the roost and marched out to the run as to say- "HEY! what the heck are you doing ? its 8pm, Get in here!" Lolololol poor Bob

Good morning GrandmaDeKorte. I hope you have a marvelous day.

View attachment 2697958
Good Morning, you all also! Good Morning Ladies!

I am going to have one more cup and go see if the chicks are mobile. They just laid on their nest while I scooped poo with my headlamp, its 55 out and the Cozy heater is on in the coop, so the coop is 70.

they lay at different times, on gets up there right off the roost, some not until 8ish,
I went out as soon as I got up (and started the coffee) to let Lord Leghorn out of the coop, boy did he get a bit crabby yesterday. He has his routine, and he likes things a certain way,

and Hahahahah he had told the hens to go to roost last evening, and they did,
Everyone was set, until I came back 30min later to check on the chicks,

2 got off the roost, and boy did he give me a look! it was like- " look what you started!" he let a low growl go , got off the roost and marched out to the run as to say- "HEY! what the heck are you doing ? its 8pm, Get in here!" Lolololol poor Bob
Hardest job in the animal kingdom, rooster. No respect from the hens no matter how often you give them the best food. 🤣

Then you get it all organized and the human upsets the whole order of things. 😆

Hardest job in the animal kingdom, rooster. No respect from the hens no matter how often you give them the best food. 🤣

Then you get it all organized and the human upsets the whole order of things. 😆
Yep, it doesnt take long,
I am headed out now , scoop baby poo and get them set for the day

I really dont know what to say here, but as I look at the pic's, it is a lot funnier than I thought,

So, I am in the coop, keeping an eye on the chicks...
the hens are fussing over which nest to use...
the 3yr old was in the top nest on the other side watching,,, the other hens left the coop,, and ,, Bob Rooster comes,, I think they went to tell him they had a complaint...

Bob starts fluffing the nest....
IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0812.JPG IMG_0813.JPG IMG_0814.JPG IMG_0815.JPG IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG IMG_0822.JPG

she said, "Iam OUT of here"
IMG_0823.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom