Sit'n on the porch

I’m a very practical wine drinker…when I do. Layer Cake is the label. I don’t partake very often but cant bear to watch a bottle go to waste🥰

I only have one jar I started last weekend. I love your crock!!❤️ I was going to order one, but decided to start with lids that work on my canning jars with a glass weight that fits int he jar. If all goes well there might be a kraut crock under the tree for Christmas!

I cut my cabbage in the food processor for ease and the jar is in the pantry…dark and cool. I think I used too much salt. I had close to 5 pounds of cabbage and used just shy of 3 T. It looks like it is making progress.

Does the red cabbage take on a different flavor?? I am heading to the market and may pick up some red to try today.

Just finished my coffee and venturing out. Have a wonderful day everyone.
I hadn't heard of Layer Cake winery (that's unusual for a South Aussie, most of us know the local wineries), so I thought it must be a new one and I looked them up and wow, what an interesting approach to winemaking! They're based in Santa Rosa, California but make wine from grapes they've bought and shipped from South Australia, Italy and Argentina, in addition to using Napa vineyards. I've never heard of anyone doing that before. I'm pretty sure the SA wineries mostly use grapes from SA vineyards, and a small number keep their own vines. They're very innovative people.

https://layercakewines.com/about

3pm coffee time
IMG_20211204_151905_HDR.jpg

I hadn't heard of Layer Cake winery (that's unusual for a South Aussie, most of us know the local wineries), so I thought it must be a new one and I looked them up and wow, what an interesting approach to winemaking! They're based in Santa Rosa, California but make wine from grapes they've bought and shipped from South Australia, Italy and Argentina, in addition to using Napa vineyards. I've never heard of anyone doing that before. I'm pretty sure the SA wineries mostly use grapes from SA vineyards, and a small number keep their own vines. They're very innovative people.

https://layercakewines.com/about
You did more research than I have knowing the grapes come from Australia and process in the states. I just read labels🥰

Nothing beats a good cup of coffee though on a cold December evening here in Michigan. I’m a brewing a cup right now to usher in the night.

Back
Top Bottom