Sit'n on the porch

Good morning Porchers!

Woke up to 21 degrees this morning…it seems really cold even for November. I realize we are in the winter season but we went from fall to absolutely miserable cold.

We are getting 1-3 more inches of snow tonight…and im afraid to get the tractor out with the blower attachement. It has lawn tires on it and my fear is I will never get back up my hill on the driveway. Anyone have luck with chains on their tractor tires?

Have a wonderful day everyone…the sun is out and that is something to be grateful for.
My dad has chains on his tractor all the time. They work really well.

Yes, we chain up everything. Never "lawn tires" but we have chained up 4-wheeler tires, and the bobcat tires, and our regular tractor (small Kubota) tires.

Chains for large tires cost a fortune.

And for a tractor, you might need weights, wheel weights or weights for the front. If it is a small light tractor it will stay on top of the snow and not move forward. The chains have to bite into the snow to get forward traction. That is what the weights are for, to help the tractor tires with the chains bite into the snow.
My dad used to have us stand on the back of the tractor for extra weight. 😆

I keep almond, oat and coconut milk on hand just incase I cant get to the market
A carton of milk, if you can find one, can be stuck in the freezer. When we had children living at home we always had a "freezer milk" ready to go for emergencies.

:duc
I am not in a very chatty mood,
I have been informed that it costs more to have chickens than just buying eggs, that it is way to much work, that building a coop is going to cost a lot of money with the price of building supplies,
that you could buy a whole pallet of dried eggs for all that money,,,,

I need to go read and pray and , work on my current attitude,
You all keep on chatting and visiting,
The porch stays open,

View attachment 2914750
:hugs :hugs :hugs

:caf Good Morning, thank you all for your kind words,
I slept on it, I am still a bit irritated, but, as "DH" said, after all of that,,, but!,,,,,,if you want chickens,,,, and a few hours later,,, if you like then I dont want to take your chickens,,,,
I AM KEEPING MY CHICKENS!
Hooray! :clap :clap

🐓 🐓🐓🐓PRE-ORDER 🐓🐓🐓
Your poultry will ship the week of May 23, 2022.
Capture.JPG

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
:gig @BY Bob

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom