Sit'n on the porch

I've looked into Tunisian crochet, and I like the look. I just really like to knit.

Like you, I have gobs (gobs-gobs-gobs) of yarn. Maybe what I'll do is make a bunch of scarves and hats out of my stash of yarn, and then donate them to a local shelter. Scarves and hats are great for pick up/put down projects, they don't take a lot of yarn, and I can try out new stiches.

Also, the small lap blankets are very nice for a person in a nursing home.

Also, the small lap blankets are very nice for a person in a nursing home.
Yes, and you can use up little leftovers to make a fun stripe (fake variegated).

I love the little blankets, they are easy to do at the end of a day when you have less concentration left. Also, in winter, knitting a blanket is fun, it sits on your lap and keeps you warm as you work on it.

My in-laws are in a little building with other retired elders, I might be able to ;) "unload" a few blankets myself this winter. Good idea!

Also, in winter, knitting a blanket is fun, it sits on your lap and keeps you warm as you work on it.
Yes! And that makes a good excuse not to get up from the couch. "No, if I stand up, I'll have to put my knitting down, and then I'll be cold!" :gig

I'm working on a hat now. I have some pattern design ideas I want to work on, and a small project is perfect for that.

First egg since the molting hiatus!

:wee :celebrate :clap :ya :yesss:

That made my day.
I had one molt so badly this year I thought she was going to die from it. Now she is all fluffy again and gorgeous, but, oddly, she feathered in a different colour, she is much paler brown than before. She looks to me like she is dying her feathers... Like when I look for a hair dye that looks like the color I had younger, but it comes out just a little too-much-too-little and almost matches, but not quite.

I was shocked when she started laying again (although she is not back to daily) I get a few contributions from her, here and there. I was so used to thinking of her as frail, I didn't think she was coming back around to being a layer.

I don't know why, I read that they are all meant to molt regularly, but most have only had one molt (at age 3) and some have never had a real molt. Maybe it's the weather, maybe their breeding was done so they wouldn't waste energy on feathers. 🤷‍♀️

If my layer is the one who got up into the nest box this morning (Miss May), I'm truly surprised. She had the hardest molt of the bunch. Part of it was her bare back from rooster attention. (He wasn't rough, she has lavender feathers, I think.) Her head was bare, she was picked on by the others, and just looked a hot mess.

Back
Top Bottom