Sit'n on the porch

Is everything good ? Just a check up ?

He has been having some rough heart beats.

He needed his medications restructured after his hospitalization.

The hospital took all of his heart medications away with the exception of one.

I think he'll be okay now.

He has been having some rough heart beats.

He needed his medications restructured after his hospitalization.

The hospital took all of his heart medications away with the exception of one.

I think he'll be okay now.
I am sorry for the worry this brings to you, it is harder to love someone who is sick than to be sick.
I am sorry for your stress... I lived it several times with family members and it is frightening because there are lots of emergency room visits and long surgeries you spend in waiting rooms. I hope the meds get straightened out, for both your sakes.

feel free to vent to us if that helps you, complaining is proved to release stress as long as it is not continuous, and includes the 'source' if the issue. (Swearing when you stub your toe reduce the intensity of the pain, they proved that too :barnie)

We did get dumped on, I am thankful we built the covered overhang off the coop so the flock can be outside'ish this winter. We are going to the market today. I havent gone since Saturday before thanksgiving. I like to keep things well stocked.
Good thing you do with that kind of weather.

Good morning! It was sunny and clear, but it's clouded up now.

The first winter I had my chickens, I kept the snow out with a heavy duty tarp over the metal frame I had for my run. I covered the roof with chicken wire, then put the tarp over that. The wire helped support the snow load on the tarp. I broomed it off in the morning to keep it from piling up.

The metal frame was from an unused greenhouse. The supports were 2' apart. I could reach the peak with my push broom to pull the snow down. The tarp was slippery enough that the snow didn't stick well to it.
The top of my run is covered with old double pain glass from sliding patio doors.

Here is my cat sitting on it. It let's the sun in and keeps the rain and snow out.
20221202_081542.jpg

WHAT????

Are we on the same planet?

Feb is truly terrible and cold and snowy and the days are short and dark. If I could hibernate through it I would (but who would feed the birds?)

*Sigh* I really am far far north of you...
I could be in the southern hemisphere or it could be sarcasm. 😉

Back
Top Bottom