Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

11149539_10153244416140358_4626399309013158317_n.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if we're still talking about coffee or not, but I like to drink it either black or iced.
caf.gif

Oh yes coffee is still one of the greatest topics here!

we talk with coffee about coffee and the the very dedicated even TYPE with coffee in hand.

Guess it is the caffeine that makes that possible
hu.gif
or maybe the added sugar some like.
so pull up your pot ...

Lol well you're gunna think I'm nuts but I can relate to poor dear Hubby or in my case DH2B lol tonight he proved once and for all that he loves me despite my insanity. With 5 cats in the house the last several cold spells with windchills down to -30/-40 have driven field mice into the house courtesy of an old old house with a limestone foundation. Well the cats caught one tonight and started a game of mouse hockey in the kitchen. That poor little bewildered mouse had no clue what he'd gotten himself into. Cassie was our grand mouser, in her younger days (10/11 years) she caught nine move in one night after we moved back to a house that had been vacant for 7 months, our remaining kitties are not as practiced and didn't have mothers to teach them. We only have two kitties currently that have even ever caught a mouse, one of which is emotionally scarred after my brother tried to take her(his cat) to live with him but his wife got a crazy dog and wasn't very nice to her to begin with. Needless to say we took her back and my sister in law got an earful, I don't care who you are animal abuse doesn't slide with me, I could have hit her. My brother was in the army and had no clue what was going on when be was away. Pepper has never been the same since, she's some better now but she'll never be the same. Anyway refocus sorry...
So four cats batting this mouse around the floor and Luna who has no mouse experience keeps grabbing it wrong for instance by a leg. She's holding it ever so gently though BC this new toy is awesome and she doesn't want to break it. Lol I should laugh but I just keep picturing this little drooly mouse hanging from her mouth. She was crazy lol wouldn't let us take her "toy". Finally she picked it up and shook it(we were hoping she or one of the other two would end it but after a while is when we decided it should be taken away so it didn't suffer. Mind you we think this mouse gas been trapped by the cats for three days under the couch in the living room, avoiding our traps no doubt going, "what the heck did I get myself into?!"

Okay finally Luna grabs it and shakes/tosses it right onto the kitchen counter. At this point we(aka me) cover it with a glass and decide it's been tortured and after everything is unscathed and it deserves a chance so we take it to an area by a creek a couple miles away that is wooded and drop it off. Yes I'm crazy but I have a lot of respect for that little mouse after what he went through. It just felt wrong to kill him after that.

I m here.... scaled way back on coffee. Instead of four shots for breakfast I am now having a Dirty Chai.

Which is like a Chai Tea but it has two shots of espresso in it. Working on getting my blood pressure down.

deb

You know, I really care for you and everyone here. so I am only telling you this to help you improve yourself.

I do not drink coffee for myself.

I drink it for my Doctor.

If I stopped drinking coffee, my blood pressure would drop...
That would mean he would not have to prescribe me those pills anymore..

Which would mean he would not feel like he is doing me any good and his self esteem would fall....

In addition, I would not have to see him every 3 months, he would lose that income from me and my insurance company...

His kids would have to drop out of that fancy private college they go too.....

They would end up on the street unable to fend for themselves because they never were taught to use a shovel or hoe...

They would turn to drugs.......

They would end up breaking into Pepsi machines to start with, to get their drug money...

Then Laundromats for a little coke or heroin....

Next thing you know they are robbing banks and we are spending thousands of tax dollars for a trial and years in prison for them..

My Doctor would feel like a complete failure as a doctor and a father...

This is why I drink coffee, to make the world a better place for all! You should maybe go back to full on 100% espressos!

How to make Turkish/Greek Coffee

We need:
Imbreeki
Small glass/cup
Sugar
Turkish coffee

Imbreeki ( greek). You can purchase these in any Greek/Turk/Middle Eastern shop. They are cheap and I got mine locally for £4. It is an essential part of the process.

A glass. Normally there are special coffee cups or glasses for this, but I dont have any so I used this. The main thing is that it should not be big but rather small.

Turkish Coffee. What can I say. I normally use the Greek brand bravo which also consists of the finest grain but this is something else. I shall always cherish that moment when I first opened a box of Mehmet Efendi. The aromas put me into an almost hypnosis state( ok I am exaggerating). It has a strange nuttiness about it with a strong warm earthy taste and it is by far the best ( and potent) grounded coffee I have ever had. I got this from a turkish shop for around £7 and I have been using the same box for over 3 months so it is big.

Instructions

One glass per person. Put one glass of cold water into your imbreeki.

One tea spoon of sugar per person. This is totally optional and to be honest authentic Turkish Coffee is sugarless! But I like my coffee as the saying goes " dark as hell yet sweet as heaven". Mix this really well.

One heaped tea spoon of Greek/Turkish coffee per person. It is important not to mix this yet.

Place the imbreeki on your stove on a medium low simmer. Notice how I still haven't mixed the coffee. Just let it heat until you start to see the coffee heaps disappearing.

This is when you start stirring. Mix it all up. I spend a whole minute just stirring it.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT MIX AFTER THIS POINT AT ALL. It is a big nono to mix after this point not even after you served the coffee. You should notice a thick foam forming on top straight after you finished stirring. This is the essential part of Greek/ Turkish coffee as it is not so without it ( people will refuse to drink it!)

Now WAIT. What's that saying " good things happen to those who..." I forgot it but I think it's to do with waiting. I know your hands are tempted to stir and fiddle with the coffee but you need to control yourselves people! After 5 to 6 minutes you will notice small bubbles appearing on the sides (like in the picture above). This means it is time to prepare for lift off! Seriously! This coffee will lift off! Turn the simmer down to a low

You will see the bubbles creating an island in the middle. Wait for it...wait for it..wait for it

As soon as your coffee erupts like in my pic that is when you know your coffee is ready.

Now serve.

NOW THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. Sit somewhere as quiet as possible preferably with a tranquil scenery in front of you and sip away slowly and relax! In Greece and Turkey this coffee is always served with a glass of water to clear the palate. In Greece a survey was done in different cafe around Greece and it found a Greek took 90 minutes on average to finish his/her coffee on a midday coffee break! And that is served in a smaller glass than mine. So guys remember, sip sip sip away ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom