Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Now I wonder if it's CRD at all.

The Brahmas are 10 weeks & the SLWs are 7 weeks. Wouldn't the signs have shown up long before now? No one has handled these chicks except me, since I brought them home from TSC. I make sure my hands are constantly washed, and each pen has their own feeders & waterers.

I just found another disease called Infectious Coryza. It seems a little more of what the symptoms are. Either way, it appears the only way to resolve the problem is by culling the flock in that pen.

Not sure what to do. So I pray.
Here we get a Fungal infection called Valley Fever. I had one die from it last year.

Many chickens have infectious Coryza. The chickens get sick from it when they are stressed. With all of the problems with lice and mites, I would check to see if they had them and then treat for the Coryza. Check for sure, but Tylan is what most use.

I hope they get better!

Here we get a Fungal infection called Valley Fever. I had one die from it last year.

Many chickens have infectious Coryza. The chickens get sick from it when they are stressed. With all of the problems with lice and mites, I would check to see if they had them and then treat for the Coryza. Check for sure, but Tylan is what most use.

I hope they get better!

Thank you! And I appreciate the information. I'll be checking them all when I get home from work.

I hope they get better!

Thank you! And I appreciate the information. I'll be checking them all when I get home from work.

I have no help for you at all.... But :barnie and :hugs emotional roller coasters are not fun! I hope it settles out one way or the other soon! (But, a good outcome would sure be nice)

On a happy note:

Did you notice my avatar and sig line change? :weee sandhill cranes on the lawn! :ya the swallows will show up a month later.

I have no help for you at all.... But
barnie.gif
and
hugs.gif
emotional roller coasters are not fun! I hope it settles out one way or the other soon! (But, a good outcome would sure be nice)

On a happy note:
Did you notice my avatar and sig line change?
wee.gif
sandhill cranes on the lawn!
ya.gif
the swallows will show up a month later.

Yay for cranes, and Green instead of Snow!!
cool.png

Thanks for the support!
smile.png
I'll be so thankful when this mess is over - one way or another. But I too am praying for a positive outcome.

Good morning

Total bad hair day. Need more coffee!!

! 2 of my TSC brahmas are showing signs of CRD. Swollen eyes with fluid dischard from eyes and nose. Loss of appetite, sneezing, etc. I quarantined one yesterday, and now ive got another sick bird this morning. The SLWs in the pen with them are also getting sick (they also came from TSC)

Is anyone else dealing with this illness???

I'm SO glad I kept my other chicks on the other side of the yard!! But I'm so mad and upset about these sick chicks!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
hugs.gif
Hope you are able to treat it.

I have no help for you at all.... But
barnie.gif
and
hugs.gif
emotional roller coasters are not fun! I hope it settles out one way or the other soon! (But, a good outcome would sure be nice)

On a happy note:

Did you notice my avatar and sig line change?
wee.gif
sandhill cranes on the lawn!
ya.gif
the swallows will show up a month later.
I did notice your avatar. Did you take the pic?

Quote: awwwwww, thank you both for caring
hugs.gif
I'm sore of course, but getting very pampered. My arm is still kind of useless but it's really pretty!!! Looks like a big poofy rainbow!!!
lau.gif

Hubby tried to give the girls their evening snack and put them away for me yesterday. I was watching out the window. He showed them their treat and started for the coop like I do but they actually looked at him, then at each other and didn't budge!!! He walked all the way into the coop but NOPE, they weren't gonna!!! I had to come outside. I started off toward the coop and they all came running!
Poor hubby, he tried.
love.gif

ALASKAN - I saw it and I knew what it meant because they are back here too!!! Here swallows arrive the same time as the hummingbirds

Last edited:
:yuckyuck so funny! Poor hubby!

Yep, I took my avatar picture last year. We had lots of snow that year, and the cranes showed up when I still had snow in the South yard. That is why everything is white behind the crane's head. It makes it stand out very nicely though.

And, drumroll please, here is the picture out of my kitchen window. Actually, i never stand and look out of that window... Since from that window all you see is a tree, a bit of fence and a neighbors house. :sick actually, the way the roof slopes, that window is usually a solid wall of snow by February, so during that time of year I try not to look at it.

However, THIS is my favorite view of that window.....

Back
Top Bottom