Size difference

Orpington11Mom

Chirping
Feb 6, 2023
Canandaigua Ny
Good morning everyone:)
My question is I have 9 adult Orphingtons and am getting some new babies July 1st Barred Cochin Bantams. They will be quite a bit smaller than my girls now when they are full grown but both breeds are friendly . My husband is worried about the size difference. Does anyone else have these to breeds together and how is it working. Thanks so much

Good morning everyone:)
My question is I have 9 adult Orphingtons and am getting some new babies July 1st Barred Cochin Bantams. They will be quite a bit smaller than my girls now when they are full grown but both breeds are friendly . My husband is worried about the size difference. Does anyone else have these to breeds together and how is it working. Thanks so much
I don't have those breeds but I have birds as large as Orpingtons and birds smaller than bantam cochins and they all get along just fine.
This picture shows my 8# rooster with one of my 1.25# Sebrights visiting my 6# broody Australorp. They all get along fine. I also have a d'Uccle in the flock.
Fabio and Tonk visiting Astrid.jpg

As long as you have lots of space and lots of things to do in that space along with ample room and roost space in the coop, everyone should get along well.

I don't have those breeds but I have birds as large as Orpingtons and birds smaller than bantam cochins and they all get along just fine.
This picture shows my 8# rooster with one of my 1.25# Sebrights visiting my 6# broody Australorp. They all get along fine. I also have a d'Uccle in the flock.
View attachment 3552715

As long as you have lots of space and lots of things to do in that space along with ample room and roost space in the coop, everyone should get along well.
Thank you so much , I feel way better now . Great photo!! Yes, we have a large coop with plenty of space

Back
Top Bottom