Skunks vs. Dogs

Cornell extension once told me a recipe that really works: Baking soda, Club soda, and vanilla extract. I tried it on my dog, barn and floors and it smells good too.

The Dawn dishwashing liquid, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda are a great temporary solution. I would highly recomend "Skunk Off". You can get it from your vet and online at www.thornell.com. They have shampoo and a liquid to saturate you and the dog. This works, I know from experience unfortunately. I have 2 dogs, dachshunds, that got skunked at different times. If your dog tusseled with the skunk at all, they need another rabies shot also.
Good luck

How funny ! My physical therapist and I were just on this topic today ! She recently had her dog sprayed by a skunk and she told me she used ORGANIC tomato juice and it worked . It has to be ORGANIC . Good luck though.......I know the feeling !
wink.png

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I am starting by dragging her (literally) to the groomers. (She is terrified of water and baths). I'll see how she does then try the peroxide mix, before she dries.
We do have some Skunk Off that we have used, for those really BAD skunked times, but it works soso. But, it could be because she was so bad.
Organic tomatoe juice...vanilla mix, hmmm other possibilities....
Thank everyone. Guess Sassy will be clean, clean, clean.

Back
Top Bottom