Slipped tendon?

aimz127

Chirping
Sep 8, 2021
Central Michigan
Anyone know what I might be looking at here?

My silkie has been inside since we lost her buddy. All my other birds are larger and she got picked on as it was.

She wasn't eating for a bit and lost more weight than I was comfortable with. For now she's getting grower feed with extra vitamins and scrambled egg while waiting for the chicks to grow out. So far it's helping. No more green poo!

She isn't putting much weight on this foot. Is it possible she lost too much weight and slipped a tendon because of nutrient loss? I've carefully manipulated her leg, heard it pop once, but not since then. The leg just feel loose compared to the other side, but nothing feels swollen, hot or broken.

@klb25 She passed. Some days were better than others for her leg leading up to it, but she never did put her whole weight back down on it.

I think she had an infection and her little body shut down even after a round of antibiotics.. I doubt it was specifically a slipped tendon, unless there was more internal damage that turned into an infection.

I'm sorry. It's sure hard to lose them.

My roo is walking just like in your video, and his leg feels loose like you said, with no other issues it seems. I hope he heals but I know all we can do is our best, and know we've given them a good life.

Thank you. I hope your roo pulls through.

She perked up after the antibiotics, but after about a week was back to limping again. If I had to guess, she landed on the leg funny and popped something out of place that got infected. It didn't help that she'd lost her best buddy a month prior to injury, so it was an uphill battle from the start.

Back
Top Bottom