small air cells day 17

tjb

Songster
May 24, 2017
southeast texas
advise needed. Lock down tomorrow and it really seems as if the air cells on most of the 10 eggs are smaller than I normally have at lockdown. my humidity fluctuated between 25-35 up until now. Will the next 18 hours be enough to draw the air cell down before needing to increase the humidity for hatch?

When the air cells are small I will usually run a dry incubation until the first pip, at which point I up the humidity as high as I can. (sponge or washcloth with hot water in a bowl works great as well as wiping down the incubator walls to pop humidity up immediatly) good luck!

Be prepared for early hatch, if the air cell is smaller. Can you see the little beak shadow at one edge of the shell? And listen for first talk of the chick before hatch. Good luck!

5ECF6EC1-304E-4D4A-B50B-851C64EEE393.jpeg
930186F9-806B-4A05-B87A-E8D2DB9367DD.jpeg
49F8B19A-A184-4749-A8C8-9417188C8BF2.jpeg
004BBD3C-46CD-430B-8492-24B15DBBE07E.jpeg

I don't think the air cells look too bad, but the last one does look a little small to me. I agree with venymae, or I'd hold off a day at least, and watch for internal pips.
Ok, I emptied all the moisture and started lockdown. Candled all 10 and 2 were too dark to see anything below the air cell, 6 movement and 2 not sure as I didn’t want to prolong the candling too long. So, will plan on checking again on Thursday day 19/20 and see where they are at and pump up the humidity. :fl:fl

Crested Cream Legbar
99-101 temp Humidity 25-35 {dry works best for me}
Checked a couple eggs this morning and air cells drew down a bit more.
Bator below. I have to find a way to disconnect the humidity alarm. Default has it going off below 40% and won’t let me lower the alarm setting below 30%
I do not use the incubator thermometer, I use one I have had success with in differ bator. Themo is blurred. Currently 100* 29% H I didn’t realize when I bought this that it came from China. Very little instruction

66C626CD-663E-4122-A87D-FB5A48EE1F57.jpeg
:fl
What breed are they, and what has your temp and humidity been running so far? Also what type of incubator are you using?

I've not seen one like that. Sounds like its done well, I think they will be fine!
I was thinking some breeds naturally hatch a little sooner than others, some later. Plus higher temps will cause earlier hatchers. So that's why i asked.

I'm definitely jealous, I want some CL's!!! :)

Good luck!! :fl

Back
Top Bottom