Small egg in yard???

Pics
Western Painted Turtle eggs which the Google blurb also mentioned-
1642313531733.png

I still don't think its a turtle egg, and it might just be a small Muscovy egg, it could also be a sparrow egg or something. Those aren't illegal, are they?

Depends, check local and state laws. In AR the only birds not protected are feral pigeons, european starlings, and house sparrows due to being not native. Well I guess tame birds also but figured that would go without saying.
Makes it illegal to mess with any bird, active nest, or young. I'm not willing to memorize 1000s of birds eggs just to make sure it's ok to take it from the wild. I'm from the school of thought if in doubt let mother nature have it.

Depends, check local and state laws. In AR the only birds not protected are feral pigeons, european starlings, and house sparrows due to being not native. Well I guess tame birds also but figured that would go without saying.
Makes it illegal to mess with any bird, active nest, or young. I'm not willing to memorize 1000s of birds eggs just to make sure it's ok to take it from the wild. I'm from the school of thought if in doubt let mother nature have it.
Yeah I think its like that in washington too, but its not like a hawk or eagle egg or something. If its not a duck egg, then its a starling or sparrow because we have a lot of those around here.

If you have ducks, it is probably a duck or chicken fairy/fart egg. If it is it would be a waste of time trying to hatch it? I think it would be a waste of time trying to hatch it anyways not knowing what it is and how long it has been laying there as well as reasons others have stated.

Back
Top Bottom