Smoke in Kitchen

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
My dear lovely daughter wanted to make her own toast, a new toaster was being used. She is only four years old and it is not her first time making toast.

She had the dial up waaaaaaaaaaaaay high and the burnt toasts really smoked up my house and I immediately open the windows to fan it out.

It has been over four hours ago and still smell it.

What do I need to do to get rid of the smell? It is just as bad as the self cleaning oven.

bowls of vinegar in the room....or is it baking soda...lol...its one of those,good luck, Wendy

Quote:
Cook something that smells better! I have done that, it requires a lot of fresh air, and I did end up masking the smell by baking cookies!
big_smile.png

Febreeze for the curtains, furniture and carpet works. (some folks say it's harmful to pets... I don't believe it)

I feel with you. Mine want to fix their own food too. I put a mark on where to set the toaster and i have a microwave that as a 30 second button. Nothing has burned down yet . I now ordered cooking mama for the WII atleast playing this isnt dangerous.

Quote:
My then 17 yr old burnt cinnamon rolls in the mic the pkg said to cook them 10 min in the oven she put 10 min in the micro. It took 2 days to get the smell out of the house and about a week for the micro.
ep.gif
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom