Sneeze into your SLEEVE??!! Are you KIDDING me?!

To echo others sneezing into your hands even with tissue or hankie just spreads the germs. Unless you immediately wash your hands. I still prefer using a tissue but I wash my hands immediately. If you can't wash your hands probably the next best solution is hand sanitizer kept with you.

Every year my sons went to school, it was required that each child bring a box of Kleenex to donate as part of their supplies. As the year went on, the teacher kept a box on her desk for the use of everyone. So, one tissue may not do the trick for some mega-sneezes, but why not pull out several at once to use? Honestly, that advice about sneezing into your sleeve, which I never heard until recently, reminds me of the Capital One card commercial with the guys dressed in animal skins carrying clubs, just plain wrong and from a time of yesteryear. Why can't you carry disposable cloths? Why? And hand sanitizer is at every checkout stand, too. You remember to take your wallet and your drivers license, why not a handkerchief or disposable tissue of some sort or at least, portable hand sanitizers? If that is the way we're going to handle disease these days, then I guess I need to stay away from all human beings--nasty things, they are!
hmm.png

Quote:
I think the advice is misguided. Sneezing into the sleeve is the ideal way to deal with the unexpected sneeze.

I didn't advise anything, just said that I can't wrap my head around the advertisements that advocate sneezing all over your clothing. So, I feel like someone who has been hiding in a bomb shelter since WWII and just came out to find the world completely changed, if all of you think this is a good thing. Guess I'm better far, far away from people in general. Okey-dokey.

Quote:
If you live in Alaska and are working outside in 35- weather, your choices are, blow on the ground or use a snot patch on your mitten
wink.png

Quote:
I've never seen anyone do that, thank goodness.
th.gif
Must hang around with a different crowd....oh, yeah, I don't "hang around" with anyone.
hmm.png
I can see how this would be a problem in Alaska, though. You folks have to march to a different drummer anyway! I've been in -25 weather when we lived in Ohio. Not going back to that.

I agree that this is insanity. Sneeze into your sleeve and then wave your arm around. Right! Sounds like great advice to me. Use a handdkerchief or tissue then wash your hands. There is no way that anyone can convince me that sneezing on your clothes makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom