Sneezing and Coughing

5SweetChicks

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 28, 2012
Michigan
I have a pullet who is close to 3 months. She just got over coccidiosis. (I don't think I spelled it right.) But she keeps sneezing. Its a really gross sounding sneeze too. We changed the bedding 3 days ago. But today we just put them in their official coop, and it had straw and the same bedding as before. We haven't listened to her breathing yet and as far as I know the coughing just started today. Please help

If any other chickens are in the coop, are they symptomatic? Is she the only one? Any local vet should be able to help you and get some anitbiotics together, baytril is a great anitbiotic for respiratory issues, if this is an isolated inicident. Call into your local vet and ask what antibiotics they could get together for you. Give lots of electrolytes and keep an eye out for nasal discharge, or labored breathing, as this could mean an emergency treatment.

All the other chickens are fine. Its not gape worm I know that, I looked it up last night. We maybe could take her to the vet. I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Back
Top Bottom