So Eggcited

darin367

Songster
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
Shelton, Wa.
My entire flock of 18 got killed last month by coons...... So I took the eggs I had in the fridge, some of them over a month. I was just hoping some would hatch so my flock would carry on.... Set 32 eggs, candled around 11 days, had 22 good ones going.... Then when my wife took them from the egg turner and laid them in the bator 2 days ago we had a temp drop down to 90 for 3-4 hours..... So we got the temp back up but were worried we had finished them off... Well today we have rocking, chirping eggs in the bator, right on schedule.... So happy, it looks like the flock will carry on...... Best christmas present ever!!!

congrats!!!! and i hope they hatch!! i have 10 eggs in my bator that are due to hatch the 29th of December. but.......i candled and sadly it looks like only 2 are developing
sad.png

Merry Christmas... Keep the faith. One of my incubators went down to 93 the one day because of a power outage. When the power came back on the incubator went up to 115. Another time on our coldest night We lost power, I was 2 weeks into incubation. The temp in the incubator was 78 degrees when I discovered it. I put the incubator on a battery pack with an inverter and brought the temp back up. I was really worried but I still had good hatches. Good luck...
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom