So long, and thanks for all the...

BFeathered

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
North Texas
My dogs got into the coop, this time I'm not sure how. Yet again, I have dead chickens, except for one lone survivor, a 6wk old baby. I am now officially done. The tractor and the survivor are being rehomed, and my daughter will hate me forever. (she's 11, so I'm sure the hormones and teenage rebellion will now be official and well.... I am her mother) I'd like to thank everyone here for providing a wealth of information, humor and support. You are a wonderful community of people. May all your eggs be delicious, fertile and colorful; may all your dinner tables be graced with the fruit of your loving labors (whatever dinner may be!). As Douglas Adams wisely said (or was that really the dolphins?)

"So long, and thanks for all the fish"

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dogs will be dogs, I know my dog would do the same if she got a chance to be alone in the yard with the chickens out in their run.

Awe...I'm so sorry to hear your news! Wish you wouldn't give up, though! I'm sure there's a way you can make your coop/run predator proof...so many folks on here have gone through what you're going through and have made adjustments that worked. Sure hope you would reconsider your decision...we'll miss you!
sad.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
he.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Someone on here should be willing to help u out if u wanna start again....If my hens were laying I would help!!!! My pullets started laying a few days ago, so maybe I'll have some in a few weeks, provided the roos start doing it again....

Sorry that happened. My black lab killed two of my turkeys. She kept digging out from the fence, even with an electric fence. The turkeys didn't even stand a chance because they weren't afraid of her. Anyway, I got a REALLY strong electric fence and she doesn't even come near the fence line anymore.

I'd send you some eggs, but right now I have mutts.

Sorry to hear of your loss - don't give up. There is so much pleasure from keeping chickens - we all have to accept the losses and carry on. Get some more - try the electric fence thing.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom