So long, and thanks for all the...

Please don't leave us or give up on chicken farming!!! I've lit up everything that likes the smell of my chickens with an electric fence...and I am sure there are more and clever ways to approach issues with predators....

We won't be the same without you!!!!!
fl.gif

Quote:
Totally... There's no membership requirement if you feel like taking a break from chickens for a while.

It would be more fun with you than without you!
wink.png

Im sorry that you lost your chickens, how disheartening. Of course you are always welcome to hang out here anyway. No chickens required!

Chel

So sorry for you loss. Do stay and hang out on BYC, you never know when or what kind of inspiration will strike! Good luck with your daughter. :aww

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can understand feeling frustrated and emotionally drained after something like that happens. Perhaps in time you will come back to chickens, when you feel your dog has come to a point where you can have both without the stress and worry.

Thanks for all the kind words and support. I've been called a "quitter" now, (not here) and that's fine. The dogs are now proven killers, although not caught in the act. Rehoming them is not an option as they are not aggressive toward anything else but squirrels. I do not have the funds or the justification to create Fort Knox for 3-4 pets. My daughter and I are both in tears and simply can't bear to lose any more birds to the other pets. A kind gentleman is going to take our "orphan" and make sure she has companions and security, which we seem unable to provide at this time. I'll pop in occasionally to see how everyone else is doing. Now everyone go hug your precious feathered family.

OH, please don't give up!!! When you fall off a horse, you've got to get right back on then or you never will. I understand that you are feeling pretty bad now, but you'll never forgive yourself if you turn your back on them lil fluffies now! Get some cute lil fuzzies next spring, and you'd be surprised how they can worm their way back into your heart and make u forget the bad times.

SO sorry...
hugs.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom