so mad at my son's school-UPDATE PG 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
No, you are not alone at all.
smile.png
Also, you couldn't pay me a million bucks to risk their job over something this insignificant. I have three children and I am psycho picky about how they are treated at school but the "don't EVER touch my child" has been carried way too far. If I can't trust the teachers at all with my kids then my children shouldn't be there. Had this happened to my child I would be a little irritated that they weren't allowed to express themselves, but that would be the end of it.

They tried to dress my child in the nurse's extra clothing one day when he spilled BBQ all over his then tried to wash it out. He was in Kindergarten then. He refused and made them call me....said their clothes weren't nice enough (I was embarrassed LOL).

This was a nurse.....I am assuming shampoo is something she keeps in her office for emergencies. What if a child got something on them that needed washed off to prevent skin irritation.....would people be screaming "don't EVER touch my child" then?

skin irritation and green hair are at way opposite ends of the spectrum... Skin irritation can cause harm and pain of course they will do something...but washing green dye out...thats just a call home or a letter home

Quote:
No, you are not alone at all.
smile.png
Also, you couldn't pay me a million bucks to risk their job over something this insignificant. I have three children and I am psycho picky about how they are treated at school but the "don't EVER touch my child" has been carried way too far. If I can't trust the teachers at all with my kids then my children shouldn't be there. Had this happened to my child I would be a little irritated that they weren't allowed to express themselves, but that would be the end of it.

They tried to dress my child in the nurse's extra clothing one day when he spilled BBQ all over his then tried to wash it out. He was in Kindergarten then. He refused and made them call me....said their clothes weren't nice enough (I was embarrassed LOL).

This was a nurse.....I am assuming shampoo is something she keeps in her office for emergencies. What if a child got something on them that needed washed off to prevent skin irritation.....would people be screaming "don't EVER touch my child" then?

skin irritation and green hair are at way opposite ends of the spectrum... Skin irritation can cause harm and pain of course they will do something...but washing green dye out...thats just a call home or a letter home

I am aware of that. I am also aware that with every parent who screams NEVER touch my child, they put their child one step closer to being refused necessary care. Someonee else mentioned not being able to touch the kids to put on sunscreen.....that is absurd! I would be thrilled to have a teacher who cared if my child got sunburned or not!!!

I don't feel like either side is wrong...I mean, I'd be annoyed, too...but it would have ended there. Choose your battles wisely, I was taught.
smile.png

I know there is probably some reason for this policy but I find (this is just my opinion mind you) these policies to be to invasive. I really dont want to see children with green hair and all of that but its their and their parents business.

Quote:
Glad to hear you say that

Quote:
I bet you walk the same halls my parents, brother and sisters went to. I however went to school across the ship channel in Channelview

Last edited:
People need to pick their battles wisely. This day and age, we should have more to worry with then ear piercings and hair color. Kids need to express themselves. Many will outgrow these things on their own. I don't care if the little girl sitting next to my son has purple hair and a tatoo. It doesn't hurt anyone. It's not anyones business except hers and her families. Lets focus on drugs and violence in schools, something worthwhile.

Quote:
agreed, I wouldn't be filing anything with administrators or taking up the school boards time, I would talk with the individual and make it clear I would file a complaint if it happened again but I certainly wouldn't be making a formal complaint or calling a lawyer.

Quote:

I am aware of that. I am also aware that with every parent who screams NEVER touch my child, they put their child one step closer to being refused necessary care. Someonee else mentioned not being able to touch the kids to put on sunscreen.....that is absurd! I would be thrilled to have a teacher who cared if my child got sunburned or not!!!

lau.gif
that was me about the sun screen...i know they can take limits way to far...but the way I look at it is if I have sent my child to school like that then I dont see a problem with it... who is she to tell me whats right or wrong for my child?..

OOPSY......my bad for being too lazy to see who posted what.
smile.png
Anyway, my point is, I WANT my kids teachers to be someone I am comfortable touching my child when they need to. For sunscreen, to take their temp., to give them a hug if they had a bad day. If I can't trust them that much I would pull my kids out in a heart beat. If there is a school policy against colored hair and my kids want colored hair I would drive them to a different district or find another solution.....oh wait, I do....I drive 4 districts over to get what I want out of my kids school.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom