So when do you give your chicks vitamins or electrolytes?

Mommysongbird

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Small Town, Virginia
Do you just keep them on hand all the time, or do you give them whenever??

Our chicks seem pretty full of life, even our little guy is doing so well, feathers still don't look good, but he/she is eat, drinking, pooping and was the first one to start devouring crickets yesterday.

When is a good time for vitamins and/or electrolytes??

I've been giving my chicks vitamins and electrolytes in there water since I got them. They are 7 weeks old now and I still give it to them. I don't know when to quit giving it to them or if I should even still be giving it to them so I'd like to know that. It's a powder that u mix with there water. I got mine at TSC.

Okay, so if I just buy like the Pedialyte stuff (for kids/babies) do I just use that in their water jug instead of water?? And I have Poly Vi-Sol, do I just put in a dropper or so in the Pedialyte?

I am still using a quart size jar for their water right now.

mine... I give vitamin when I see sign of disease coming...
hide.gif

sounds late but that's why I'm doing since it'll be bad to eat chicken that fed by medicine and any other goods than the natural one.. right?
big_smile.png

You can over-feed the vitamins.

I only use it on new chicks and when treating a sick bird. If you wish to offer more than that, you might try offering regular water in one container and vitamin water in another.

Back
Top Bottom