So who's in lockdown right now? and what are you hatching?

So how is everyone doing? So far I have four ducklings and three more pipped. No progress with the two overdue goose eggs. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the three I've hatched already.

Mrs. Feathers :

Quote:
Hee hee....Fairybee I can so relate. I was present for my granddaughter's birth a year ago and not nearly the worry as these 18 little eggies in lockdown. We are at day 21 with 3 pips and the occassional peeps from the bator. The first pip happened last night and seems very quiet now. I am repeating my "hatching takes energy" mantra that all is well. Had some weird temp spikes lasting for 30 min this morning 102-104 but have been consistenly back at 100 since then.
Good luck to you.

um silly me forgot to subscribe to my own post wooops lol i was just glad o be getting the birth over with Mrs.Feathers i hated pregnancy cant understand the people tht say its the best time of there lives
roll.png
oh well each to there own

so im on day 23 and major problem this morning when through the vent holes the bator smelt ripe had to heat up the bath tap's open it up and grab out the offending egg which was the one i had been worried about so now just 2 eggs to hope on due 17th no peeping yet should i be worried or is that normal

was happy tonight though when 3 of my other eggs on day 4 tested positive and 3 i was unsure only one bad so far and they where far traveling eggies
how is everyone else doing?​

I'm in lockdown since yesterday 4/12. Had a small situation today with eggs touching the water in the bottom of the bator. Had to take them to the steamy bathroom to take care of that. No pips as of yet and no wobbles either. Maybe there will be more wobbles when they start to pip. So, now just waiting and watching. Hatch is due 4/14 & 4/15 , added a few more the second day to fill the bator. Hatching Barred Rocks and there might be a barred rock polish cross or 2 they might be a surprise. Now, just have to wait for them to do their thing. I'm ready for them. The feed is bought and waiting, the new water fountains are here. Brooder boxes are waiting to be filled with bedding and chicks. come on chickies.

Hope everyone has successful hatches.

Good luck.

fl.gif

been in lock down since last wed. now have 8 copper marans in brooder Saturday due date, began hatcing Friday thru Sunday, 6 marans we 99% developed died in the eggs ??? started battling temp swings from 95 to 105. happy I have 8 marans, have 5 backyard mix that are pipping tonight another 8 to go, then 6 mallards due this saturday, then 9 banties due a week from saturday and one goose due May 1.

obvious sign that I am addicted to eggs on e-bay.

lesson learned: get a 2nd bator to do lock down in. Took all eggs out of the automatic turner last week and having to hand turn the eggs not close to due date. waas having problems regulating heat before this, now the opening to turn adds to the temp flux.

im so glad my friends son gave me his tiny bator so i have 2 otherwise id be stuck too and bless him he has told me i can keep it as hs has a Fiem MAYA 80 Full Auto Incubator lol 10 years old and what did he want for christmas an incubator lol
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif
told Kara she's started him young, she told me she never meant to start him was hoping he would be a doctor or a barister no he wants to breed chickens and be a chicken vet lol
woot.gif
free vet fees but i suppose i got a few years to wait
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom