So, yesterday I did something I never did before...

chickeypoo

The Enabler
15 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Wisconsin
I mowed the grass. LOL. yep, im 28 and i have never mowed the grass. Hubby got me on the rider and i did the back part of the yard.
smile.png
well, part of it(the rest is all stick thigns from the soybeans of last year) i never had to mow before cuz my hubby did all the mowing and before that my step dad did the yard LOL. my MIL and SIL was so proud of me. Silly i know. but i don't even drive a car. no license there either. maybe soon HEHE.

Careful, you'll turn into a regular ole farmer-person
smile.png

Make the hubby get you one of those big-time nice riders...cup holder on the fender,
tape deck stereo. Make him splurge and get you one with a cab, air conditioner and all.
Don't forget to order one with turn signals.

Great job! We're all proud of you.

Last edited:
lol. id just be happy to have a chicken coop at this time. so i will pass on the super pimped out rider lawn mower lol. id also like one where i can reach the pedals without sitting towards the edge of the seat(im 5 foot lol) but i will just do what i need for now haha. i still haven't told my mom. but she's been too *busy* shall i say. ugh. drinking and watching a horse race.. yesterday. haven't seen or heard from her since. so.. she doesn't know. maybe tomrrow i guess hah.

i can't wait for it to grow some more.. so i can go mow some more hehe.

Yes, its never too late!! My great aunt did get her license until she was in her 50s!
Yay on mowing the lawn!
smile.png

Great job mowing!! I am excused from that chore due to my allergies. Haha. Really though, I want to rip my face off when everything flares up. Have fun mowing the rest of the summer-there are a lot more opportunities to fine tune your new skill.

i can totally understand the hay fever/allergies thing. i have them as well, but it seems lately they haven't been bothering me as badly as they used to... not sure why.. or how but every now and then i get bad itchy eyes and i want to stab them out cuz i just can't take it anymore lol.

my ex b/fs mom is in her 50s (my oldest DD's grandma) and she doesn't drive either lol.

Good for you! It always feels good to learn new things! I have mowed my own lawn for many years but have never been on a riding lawn mower and I will be 40 in September. So you have me beat!

Good job on trying something new! Empowering, isn't it?!
clap.gif

When my older kids were little and I needed an escape I had to best mown lawn in the neighborhood! As soon as DH would get home I'd put on my headphones and go mow the lawn. It was my happy place where no one bothered me.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom