SOLD Goats - mini- Lamancha buckings - Arkansas

pipermark

Songster
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Arkansas
I am handling them both so they will be very people friendly. They are not registered.

Born 03/07/2009
normal_DSCN1220.JPG

Born 03/23/2009
normal_cream_Hemi_babt0309.jpg

Last edited:
A mini-lamancha is a cross between a Nigerian and a La mancha, sometimes the babies will have the correct cropped ears, sometimes not. The reason for the cross is to create a miniature Dairy Goat. La mancha's are an excepted standard size dairy breed. Nigerians are not really considered a Dairy breed, because of limited production, however there milk in general has the highest fat content , which usually translate to best flavor.

Thus the choice for the cross.

I have both the Buck and the does. I purchased them from a farmer in Denard Ar. That has a really good reputation.

The little brown and white one, both mom and dad have the La -mancha ears.

The mostly white one, Mom has the Nigerian ears, dad has the la-mancha ears.
normal_creamcycle_mothersday.jpg

Thats the mom of the little brown and white one born this week.

Mini manchas can crop up with ears of their nigerian ancestors. I had one doe with quads this year, both her and the sire had lamancha ears - one "gopher" and one "elf" - I had two kids with ears and two without. It happens. She's being honest like I was on selling mine - she'd get more money if she said they were grade nigerians, but like mine will, they will get bigger than a nigerian.

Nigerians are recognized as dairy goats tho, as the American Dairy Goat Association has recognized them for a few years now, right along with their "big cousins". You'd just be silly to use them on a commercial dairy, hehe.

Jenny
www.dbarjacres.com

p.s. your doe has a beautiful face!

Last edited:
thanks Jenny , I didn't realize they were now recognized. I am pretty new to this. I was wondering about it because I am in the middle of purchasing a small herd and the person said that 2 of hers were registered with the NDGA.

I just received the email with registration information today
smile.png
I intend to try and build a small minature milk herd for myself from the mini-lamanchas, I will also be getting an un-registered (she has pygmy in her, several generations back) nigerian with the registered ones I am going to pick up, so I think she will move in with Hemi (the La mancha (mini) buck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom