Solved! Austrolorp/Golden Comet Crosses

Krazyquilts

Songster
Aug 2, 2016
Geneva, Ohio (northeast of Cleveland)
:eek:Solved! Verdict: ALL BOYS! Thanks BYC!:eek:

Here's the siblings of the cockerel you all helped identify for me, if you could help with the rest, I would be very appreciative. Please let me know if I need more pics of any.

Hatched August 20, so about 12 weeks/3 months old. Father is (supposedly) a black Austrolorp and the hens at the time are (supposedly) Golden Comets but also could be GC crosses.

Chicken #1 ON THE LEFT - more black (really hoping this is a pullet not a cockerel because it is very sweet and likes to sit on my arm and eat of my hand. It's staying on even if it's a boy though because it is so sweet) and Chicken #2 ON THE RIGHT - has brown on shoulders/wings

IMG_9952.JPG
IMG_9951.JPG

Chicken #3 (mostly white but black spots on base of tail)

IMG_9946.JPG IMG_9943.JPG IMG_9944.JPG FullSizeRender 9.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Chicken #4 (mostly white with slightly more rust-brown on wings)

FullSizeRender 6.jpg
FullSizeRender 7.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 8.jpg

Chicken #5 (mostly black but with a bit of rust-brown on shoulders). In last pic, just ignore the white chicken.

IMG_9976.JPG IMG_9977.JPG
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9945.JPG
    IMG_9945.JPG
    946.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9948.JPG
    IMG_9948.JPG
    944.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
But, but, but, that's impossible! :barnie All six birds are male?!? (Including the one from the previous thread) An entire clutch?!

Well, at least I'll have meat for the freezer. Except for #1 because he's sweet and when you already have about 10 permanent roosters, what's one more?

On the upside, I thought they all looked rather male when I was taking pictures, but assumed that since this is my first year raising chickens that I hadn't developed The Eye yet because surely an entire clutch couldn't all boys. So that's good. :idunno

Love your avatar, I've seen that photo on products from Zazzle.com

Really? My avatar is a photo of a Yorkie painting my husband and I commissioned from a friend Lindsay Parker. My husband has the original in his office. I wonder if she has an account on zazzle? We've told her to feel free to do that sort of thing with any of the work we've commissioned from her, but it's odd that she didn't tell me. Her website is https://www.makeologist.com

Back
Top Bottom