Some Short Ones.

Not short but...

There was a guy who lost his job, he went out one day looking for work, he tried everywhere, factories, building sites and shops, all to no avail.
On his way home he passed the docks, then he thought, 'Why not, worth a try' so he went in. there was a big cargo ship by the dockside and he spotted the Captain just going on board.
He stopped him and asked if there was any work going on the ship, the Captain asked if he had any experience, he said he hadn't, then the Captain turned to go on board.
So then the guy shouted, "I'm a hard worker, I'll do anything, plus I'm honest." The Captain turned round and said, "OK, we sail in 2 hours, if you can get back here by then with your things I'll give you a chance," then the Captain shouted to a deckhand to tell the guy what he needed.
The guy made it back in time and joined the crew of the ship, after a couple of days at sea he and the deckhand were mopping the deck, just then a giant wave washed the guy overboard.
The deckhand went to see the Captain, when he entered the Captain's cabin he said, "You know that new guy you started that said he was honest, well he just pissed off with the mop."

A man, his wife and 2 children were driving down a country lane, all of a sudden a farm tractor with 2 farm hands on it pulls out of a gate from a field.
The man managed to avoid it by swerving off the road, through the bushes and in to the field, narrowly missing a couple of cows then back through the bushes on to the road again.
1 of the farm hands turns to the other and says, "Wow, did you see that, we came out of that field just in time."

Back
Top Bottom