Some updated pictures around the farm

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by iasc300, Aug 13, 2011.

1. iasc300

iasc300 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Linden, IA
    I posted some pictures of the coop and run a while back and did some upgrades. Also posted some of our chickens that we free range. And of course while I was at it posted some pictures of the goats since they felt neglected.

This is the front of the coop (Southside)
    [​IMG]

Side of the coop (Eastside)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The coop and run is around 80 feet long, 30 feet wide, 9 feet tall.
    Wrapped on the inside with chicken wire and wrapped on the outside with woven wire. Posted were cemented in and a 2 foot 2 inch deep cement barrier around the bottom boards. Woven wire was also place 2 feet out from the base of the run.
    Netting was placed over the top of the run as well.

Here are some the the RIR and BO running around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the cats checking them out.
    [​IMG]

Here is our old boer goat "Momma"
    [​IMG]

When she came out her kids and another nanny wanted some attention too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of inside the barn.
    [​IMG]

Heres our dominate rooster "Chuckles"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is our "Problem Child" aka "Crooked Beak"
    We were going to cull him when he came out, but the wife wanted him spared so he was. She always gets what she wantes, Its easier that way. [​IMG]
    He seems to be doing alright though. I just feel bad for the guy though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But thats all i will post for now. I like looking at other pictures as well so figured I shall post some of they own. Thanks Ryan

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Nice pictures! Nice to see a real farm. Looks very rural with all that corn (?) growing around your place.

3. kychicken75

kychicken75 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    Lebanon ky
    Love the pics...thks for sharing...

4. iasc300

Apr 3, 2011
    Linden, IA
    Quote:Yeah thats the main reason we bought the place around 10 years ago. Our neariest neighbors are a little over a half mile away down a side road so not much traffic around, and that neighbor has an exotic animal farm. Mostly elk and axis deer. We have acres of corn and beans surrounding us. Parden the barn Im doing some renovations to it to add a couple horse stalls. The chickens stay mostly out of the barn because I dont like them climbing all over the goat hay.

5. My11BabyChicks

My11BabyChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Ringwood
    Great pics! I have to ask about the last pic... What happened to its beek? I had a chick that fell victim to a raccoon that was hatched with a similar one...

6. iasc300

Apr 3, 2011
    Linden, IA
    Quote:His beak was just hatched that way. Genetic defect. I have only lost one chicken since we have started raising them and that one was hit by a vehicle I believe. We let them free range all the time. And came home from work one day and there were BO feathers all over the road but no corpse that I could find. So Im assuming car but could of been something else. My two GSD do a good job of protecting the property though.

Zander
    [​IMG]

Bayne
    [​IMG]

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Beautiful pics and farm. I adore your guardians, they are gorgeous. I am glad to BO roo is doing good most of the time they need a deep dish of food to scoop it out and if they can they do okay.

8. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Good looking spread, chicks, goats and dogs. But you completely ignored mentioning that deer on your property!

9. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Hahaha! I had to go back to find the deer!

10. fatsu

fatsu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    I think its a target deer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by