Some updated pictures around the farm

iasc300

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Linden, IA
I posted some pictures of the coop and run a while back and did some upgrades. Also posted some of our chickens that we free range. And of course while I was at it posted some pictures of the goats since they felt neglected.

This is the front of the coop (Southside)
017.jpg

Side of the coop (Eastside)
019.jpg

020.jpg

The coop and run is around 80 feet long, 30 feet wide, 9 feet tall.
Wrapped on the inside with chicken wire and wrapped on the outside with woven wire. Posted were cemented in and a 2 foot 2 inch deep cement barrier around the bottom boards. Woven wire was also place 2 feet out from the base of the run.
Netting was placed over the top of the run as well.

Here are some the the RIR and BO running around.
026.jpg

025.jpg

021.jpg

001.jpg

006-1.jpg

One of the cats checking them out.
008.jpg

Here is our old boer goat "Momma"
022.jpg

When she came out her kids and another nanny wanted some attention too.
023.jpg

024.jpg

One of inside the barn.
010.jpg

Heres our dominate rooster "Chuckles"
015.jpg

005-1.jpg

012.jpg

Here is our "Problem Child" aka "Crooked Beak"
We were going to cull him when he came out, but the wife wanted him spared so he was. She always gets what she wantes, Its easier that way.
smile.png

He seems to be doing alright though. I just feel bad for the guy though.
030.jpg

032.jpg

But thats all i will post for now. I like looking at other pictures as well so figured I shall post some of they own. Thanks Ryan

Last edited:
Nice pictures! Nice to see a real farm. Looks very rural with all that corn (?) growing around your place.

Quote:
Yeah thats the main reason we bought the place around 10 years ago. Our neariest neighbors are a little over a half mile away down a side road so not much traffic around, and that neighbor has an exotic animal farm. Mostly elk and axis deer. We have acres of corn and beans surrounding us. Parden the barn Im doing some renovations to it to add a couple horse stalls. The chickens stay mostly out of the barn because I dont like them climbing all over the goat hay.

Great pics! I have to ask about the last pic... What happened to its beek? I had a chick that fell victim to a raccoon that was hatched with a similar one...

Quote:
His beak was just hatched that way. Genetic defect. I have only lost one chicken since we have started raising them and that one was hit by a vehicle I believe. We let them free range all the time. And came home from work one day and there were BO feathers all over the road but no corpse that I could find. So Im assuming car but could of been something else. My two GSD do a good job of protecting the property though.

Zander
IMG_5007.jpg

Bayne
6weekold138.jpg

Beautiful pics and farm. I adore your guardians, they are gorgeous. I am glad to BO roo is doing good most of the time they need a deep dish of food to scoop it out and if they can they do okay.

Back
Top Bottom